Improvements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All!!

Came across this design, I like it but maybe there are areas for improvement!

Like BJT BC546B, hes just to noisy for my liken
changing to BC550C must be a good choice

Whats your ideas??
I have two 625 trannies, one for each mono

Thanks for your input:wiz: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :worship:

Attachments

• alpeh-x 100.jpg
    alpeh-x 100.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 882
Hi lplateaudio,

There is no evidence that Kristian actually prototyped that circuit before he made the layout. Selling boards is how he makes his living. Hopefully some builders will post their experiences with this circuit. Then you will have some hard facts.

The two threads referenced by eapavant are the two reference threads on the Aleph-X. Anyone building an Aleph-X needs to read and understand these threads in order to make any informed design decisions on the circuit. You need to develop your own judgement ability. There is a great deal of information and mis-information on the Aleph-X. In my personnal opinion I suspect that there are issues with Kristians 100W circuit. I emphasize the words "personal opinion" and "suspect".

When I undertook to build a 100W version of the Aleph-X I decided to completely re-read the two main threads and use the information they contain to develop my own cicuit. The resulting amps are documented here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=73543&highlight=

Regarding your question about the 625VA transformer; it should probably work OK. Back when the A40 came out the rule of thumb for class A amps was to duoble the idle dissipation wattage to come up with an approximation for the transformer rating. In recent years the popular number has grown to 3 times or even more. If you already have the transformers I'd say go ahead and use them.

Cheers,
Graeme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.