HEATSINK extreme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear lovers of real high end.

My suggestion to build a heatsink extreme, a heatsink without limits.

Take a radiator, a pump from the pet shop, a aluminium profile and connectors for hoses. Adhesive for metal or silicon will stick the suitably shortened profile with the connectors. This system should be open to de-pressure itself. The highest points of the system should be open or have a valve.

The advantages:
- fastest cooling of the transistors
- quiet resonances; no Kling, Pling, Klirr
- install pieces without distance: shortest paths
- not expensive
- if you need more heatsink, take a second, a third radiator. Or more.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My systems have a C/W less than 0,05. The size of my radiators is 50cm x 60cm x 10cm.

With best greetings.
C.

I believe I did the first water-cooled thread here. Years have passed. It's still running. I've dumped unimaginable amounts of heat into the thing and never even needed a fan; it's all passive air flow.
I did eventually tear the thing apart and paint the heat exchanger, just so that it would look nicer.
As of a couple of years ago, I've got two spare heat exchangers waiting for a large enough project. They're still waiting because I haven't exceeded the capability of (or worn out) the first system.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.