Nakamichi statis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Nelson,
Thank you. I haven't have the need to really get deep under the hood on these. My servicing has consisted of the bias circuit modification (to make it less aggressive) and that one staple victim. The staple didn't fair so well either. :D

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Brock,
You should be fine. The only issue is that the SDA's force heavier currents between the negative speaker terminals than was thought of when the amp in question was designed. A heavy wire link between the negative terminals is recommended (just like Adcom 555 type amps).

We were authorized warranty for both Polk, Adcom and many other amps. I still fail to see why Polk released these darn speakers on the market without very clear warnings. I can't tell you how many customers had to pay for repairs not covered under warranty due to these speakers.

-Chris

You and I have talked about this before :) . If people (at the time) would have read their owners manual they would know. Of course what common person walking into and audio shop would know what the term "common ground" means :confused: .

My GFA 545 has no trouble running these to pretty decent levels (more than my ears can handel). But from this point forward every amp I consider I need to make sure it will work properly with the SDA's.

Brock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.