bass for aleph-P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i want to have more bass for aleph-p how can i do that ?
any one ? i current ly has aleph -p and aleph -x so i need some susgestion and i see that it have out put capassitor of 30uf so does it make differece? and what is the imput impedance of aleph-x ? if i put two resistor in serie of the input will it extend the bass ?

I agree with Mad_K, I would not be looking at the Aleph-P as a source for the base problem.

Have you tried different source material?

The Aleph series amps and pre-amps are very sonically accurate. I had a friend bring some of his favorate CD's over play on my system, and the deep base was not there for him. I had him listen longer to hear that the base instruments being played are now accurately replicated. The proof was each of the instruments was now tonally layered by ocatave and distinctive, and not one "thump" as on his mid-fi system. BTW, he was playing early Beatles music, with Paul on the Hoffman bass.

I then played material that goes deep and the articulation of the bass shows the systems authoritative control into the lower octaves. I played some classical material with great kettle drums and then Fleetwood Mac's the Dance CD which rattles the furniture.

A good amp helps, quality recording material, and the music actually having a strong base line are important factors. Extremely important, do your speakers go down to 35hz or better?

Just some thoughts,

-David

my speaker is ar limited 3 the new one how much bass can it give ?

Attachments

• limited 3 front.jpg
    limited 3 front.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 371
I have not heard these speakers, but I have heard the Martin-Logan Aries that are similar in design.

The Martin-Logan's also have an electro-static panel with an 8" woffer. My experience was the bass was lacking and neded a sub-woffer as well. The store in fact said many of their Martin-Logan customers buy sub's as part of their system.

The manufacturer of your speakers will list their frequency range, I'd start there.

Just as an aside... I blew one of the 2 PSU's in my BOSOZ yesterday. I had a short with a DMM probe and blew out one of the IRF9610 Mosfets. In the short term until I could order another one, I rewired the BOSOZ to use 1 PSU rather than 2. There was a definate fall off sonically. The system overall was less authoriative, especially in the bass. Long story short.... make shure you have enough powersupply in your Aleph-P.

Just somehting to think about.

-David

i had just check it up my sistem and find out one thing i wired the pasive preamp made by mod squere ? and they use the siver wire to wire the preamp so i had my sacd player wire to the mod pre amp as a volume contour and then the aleph-p as unbalanced to balaced signal spliter so i change the wire inside the mod pre amp the sound come back normal but why is that so?

tze-hao yen said:
i had just check it up my sistem and find out one thing i wired the pasive preamp made by mod squere ? and they use the siver wire to wire the preamp so i had my sacd player wire to the mod pre amp as a volume contour and then the aleph-p as unbalanced to balaced signal spliter so i change the wire inside the mod pre amp the sound come back normal but why is that so?

I'm not quite sure I followed your description on how everything is connected.

I'd hook-up the SACD player to the Aleph-P and the Aleph-P to your amp.

Are you using the Passive preamp as a volume control for the Aleph-P?

-David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.