Problem with Threshold SL-10 Relay - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2006, 05:17 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Problem with Threshold SL-10 Relay

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Threshold SL-10 and I'm not sure what the cause is. From an initial startup the mute relay switch will function normally and unmute the preamp after about a 45 second warm up and the preamp will function normally, but after a couple of minutes or so the relay will click and mute the preamp again and it will not unmute anymore unless I shut the power off and let it sit for a few minutes, then the relay may or may not unmute when I re-apply power to it, if it does happen to unmute, the preamp may function normally for maybe 10 to 30 seconds and the relay will mute the preamp again. Also when it does unmute the sound will come on 1 or 2 seconds before you hear the relay click. Any input to what might be causing the relay to mute the preamp for no reason and how I can solve it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th May 2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I don't have that part of schmtc,but first you can try to change (usually just one) elco in relay dedicated trigger circuit.......simpler: find transistor for relay powering;look for all electrolytics around;change them with similar values
Old 5th May 2006, 08:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Without a schmatic its tough to figure out which part does what and I'm not wanting to do a process of elimination to find the problem. It seems that it has something to do with what ever triggers the relay to unmute the preamp. What ever signal trips the relay to come on also shuts it off, you can plainly hear it click when it mutes the preamp after a few seconds of normal operation. Perhaps the one and only himself Mr. Pass could shed some light on what I need to look for and why the relay is clicking off when it should be on. Or perhaps someone could tell me how I can get in touch with Jon Soderberg for some help. I Would really appreciate any help I can get.

Hide this!Advertise here!