The New-Tron - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2006, 05:03 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

2SK170BL & V: http://www.bdent.com/search/search.j...0&category=ALL

Reliable guys.
Old 20th May 2006, 03:51 PM   #42
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Brian, Thanks for the link.. I'll give them a try too...
In the case someone is scrutinizing the flg version of Circlotron, I have corrected a few errors in the previous schez. I would not want someone being confused for a while before they asked me about one of them errors....
I am designing the Output (including those 10,000uFs)and output bias components all on 1 board that mounts to a P-IV heatpipe. The driver portion, excluding the load Rs I have layed out on a little square board the size of the 4 TO-220s and it mounts to a normal Pentium H.S. along with 2 TO-220 Caddok load Rs, without a fan. I probably won't get in much bench testing for a few months though...
Attached Images
File Type: png circlotron flg.png (20.0 KB, 1175 views)
Old 20th May 2006, 08:02 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Regarding the 2SK2013/2SJ313
Borbely's prices for these Toshiba devices aren't that bad, compared to other items he offers. Nikko in the UK has them for 40% less.
It's likely that you can get them from Mark5 and Dial, besides Fibra Brandt.
Overhere, i can get the 2SK2013/2SJ313 delivered in 1 day, but just ordering 1 from those places is likely to cost $25. With higher order numbers the unit price remains not attractive, but there are other places that deliver within a week which are much cheaper. Patrick, if you can get them straight from Japan i'm very interested in knowing the unit rate for those.

The OSF and SSF distinction is elegantly put, Mr Rollins, as usual.
Old 20th May 2006, 11:28 PM   #44
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

http://headwize.com/ubb/showpost.php...=49901&fpage=3
Old 23rd May 2006, 01:03 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Fibra Brandt does list the 2SK389 etc. but does not list the 2SK2013/2SJ313.
I have 2SK389s and 2SJ109 in BL, and 2SK170/2SJ74 in GR. I have some of the "VI" LSK389s and LSK170s (although they call them "C" instead of "VI").
EUVL,
You said to contact you about a Japanese source for the 2SK2013/2SJ313, but your e-mail is turned off. I'm interested.
flg,
Motorola/On Semi has the 2N5457-59 and 2N5460-62 small signal JFETs. (I think I got those numbers right.) I've had good results with the 2N5457 before, but have not used the higher current parts, nor have I used the P-ch devices so I have no opinion on those. They have others, I believe, but I can't remember what offhand.
All,
Don't hold me to it, but I'm going to try to have another output stage version posted by the end of the week. I've got about half a ton of scribbled notes and hand-drawn schematics that I need to go through and transcribe into something tolerably readable. I've gotten myself embroiled in a new front end and still need to get some writing done before my editor forgets me.

Grey
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:40 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

So, what's the problem with the new Linear LSK389s? Not all they are cracked up to be?
Old 23rd May 2006, 04:00 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

They seem fine to me. Someone had posted something earlier that seemed to indicate that they weren't happy with them, but didn't specify why.

Grey
Old 23rd May 2006, 05:09 AM   #48
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Nothing wrong with LSK389, except :

a) they are not improved versions of Toshiba as they claim to be;
b) they are not package / pin compatible if you already have a layout for Toshiba;
c) they are not cheap (at least in Europe double the price);
d) they are not widely available; again in Germany only available from distributor at volume.

And there is still enough 2SK389s around.

Patrick
Old 23rd May 2006, 05:53 AM   #49
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

And they do not seem to be able to offer P-JFETs, if you have a complementary circuitry. So you still need 2SJ109, which appears to be much more difficult to get.

Patrick
Old 23rd May 2006, 06:56 PM   #50
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

ON Semi has the P JFET 2N5460-62 and I have used them... I am a audibly challenged person (deaf in 1 ear can't hear out of the other ) So, commenting on the nuances of it's sound would not be cool. But they work like the datasheet says, let me say that... And, I use them first, whenever I need a P-JFET... I guess the other one was 5457-59? I don't know, Havent tried, and as usual I don't think it is actually a complement... I have tried something like a 2N5487??? RF stuff!
Another output stage??? Cool... Would'nt be a ZV9-T type circuit would it??? Hey, I needed to think Power JFET to be true to the thread
I am home at lunch, digging through my boxes for the parts for the Circlotron by flg board. Moving slowly but making progress...

Hide this!Advertise here!