Pearl MC Pre-Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you already have a Pearl MM phonostage completed, I would suggest that you try a pair of Lundahl step up transformers. These are designed to work with a MM phonostage to step-up the voltage output of a MC cartridge.

Even though I already have the MC boards on my Pearl, I recently added the step up transformers just for kicks. I really enjoy both, but I'm starting to like the dynamics of the Pearl MM and transformer combination. The pearl MM is a fantastic phono pre and Promithius' MC boards are incredibly quiet and good sounding. If you can't get your hands on the MC boards, consider the transformers. I have used two different 0.3mV MC carts with both the Pearl MC and the Pearl MM with step-up with great result. Either way you won't be dissapointed.

Nate

http://www.lundahl.se/

group buy

Hello!

I am interested in a new group buy of Pearl Phono boards! I've been wanting to make a phono preamp and the Pass seems like a good one. I am not necessarily into the MC part, but maybe I could make it work for MM. I haven't been able to reach Promitheus to see if he's got any MM boards left.

I don't know the first thing about getting boards made so I hope someone else will be able to get this going.

Cheers,
Collin

For those interested the MC Pre KIT is sold out but alot of people are interested.
Could those interested in the MC PRe post here in this thread or send me Email.
I will make a list and if there is enough interest I will put together MC-Pre KITs.
These will only be sold as a KIT and I wont be selling Parts because this is too complicated and takes a lot of time.
The 2SK170BL will be matched and the parts will be of high quality like last time.
so please let me if you are interested.

I have ordered more PCBs than requests.
It will take 2-3 weeks till the KITs are ready because I have to match the transistors.
I am still in the process of organizing everything so I am not sure of the total cost yet.
I will let you guys know and then I will start collecting payments from those who have already ordered but not yet.

I am also making an instruction document to help in assembling the MC-Pre which should actually be called MC-Pre-Pre because it is not a full MC-Preamplifier as most of you know but it only preamplifies signals from an MC Cartridge to an MM level so this can be fed in the Pearl Input or any other MM Preamplifier.

I have ordered most parts for the MC-Pre-Pre.
The prices for the parts are a bit higher since 2 years ago.
The price for the KIT will be 68,50 Euro + shipping + payment costs.
I will be posting a parts list soon.

The KIT includes:
2 pcbs that can be mounted on the Pearl.
54 resistors Vishay Beyschlag these are very good quality for audio keeping the price of the KIT low.
2 Panasonic 2W resistors
16 caps Panasonic ECQP Polypropylene film caps
6 caps Panasonic NHG 105°C
6 caps Panasonic FC 105°C
8 - 2 matched quads 2SK170BL Toshiba
2 - 1 matched pair 2SK170BL Toshiba
2 - matched pair 2SC1844 NEC transistors
2 ZTX450 transistors
2 preset DIP Switches 8 pole gold plated (to set input load)
2 preset DIP Switches 4 pole gold plated (to set MM or MC input)
2 preset jumpers gold plated (to set gain)
6 PCB stand offs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.