Pearl MC Pre-Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here´s one of the phono stage as a whole.

Attachments

• pic02.jpg
    pic02.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,574
PSU-Cable

Manu,

A friend of mine is working in the maintenance business. To be specific in the rewiring of F16 fighter jets. He was so kind to give me some feet of "stranded silver plated copper teflon cable". The cable configuration consists of four strands of this silver plated copper teflon stuff in starquad covered by a shield, which is covered again by another layer of teflon. The nylon sleeving was added by me to pimp the looks. I use this wire in the power supplies of all my DIY projects.

Fox

Another Pearl with MC-pre-pre fihisned

Here is another MC-pre-pre and Pearl in working condition.
And it sounds very good, just a few minutes of running now.

Whole picture inside:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The MC-pre-pres are in separate boxes:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The PSU at ens of two meter cable:

And the front:

Still missing some texts at front and back, but listening of it is more
interesting.

Again huge thanks for Nelson Pass, Wayne Colburn, Promitheus and everybody in diyaudio.com for making it possible to enjoy of building good equipment by yourself!

hi promitheus,

obviously you have a lot of experience and know how about what parts are used best ore at least well, and I wanted to ask you if you can recomend any transformer(s) for this project? The THEL ones I saw on your (nice and helpful) homepage, but never saw them anywhere else.

and I am of course curious about your own pearl !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.