Zen v4 and stacked transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would like to know what forum members think about the effects of "stacking" toroidal transformers vertically in an amp as opposed to placing them side by side (specifically, in the Zen v4). Have raised the question in another thread, but got no real answer. What are the issues here.... heat? Anything else, like some possible interaction between transformers (saturation, What? I don't know...). What do you guys think? I am looking to conserve horizontal real estate in my Zen v4. All opinions are welcome. Especially those of the the man himself.

Larry Wright
Seattle area
;)

Thank you Mr. Pass and Circlotron for your comments. I like the idea of standing them on edge, separated. Perhaps I will bolt one to the front panel, then stand the other one about 5/8 of an inch away on an L shaped bracket. Maybe drill a line of 3/8 inch holes along the edge of both on the bottom plate, and some corrosponding lines on the top plate. Let convection draw air up "the chimney". If that doesn't work, I'll get the hand bellows from my fireplace and stand duty over the amps when the music is on. If I pump the bellows in time with the music, nobody will be able to hear the additional noise, they'll think its part of the percussion section!!

Again, thanks.

Larry Wright
Seattle area:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.