Two outputs from Aleph P 1.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

If the output impedance is low enough and the 1.7 can provide enough current it shouldnt be a problem to drive 2 amps in paralell. In many cases thats the way it is done when commercial preamps have multiple pre outs.

However given the simple design of the 1.7 i would consider plugin into 2 more channels with common innput terminals (impedance matching as needed) Then you will be sure to have the "real" 1.7 performance in all channels. And besides you would have a kick *** 4 channel surround preamp :)

Best regards

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
loovet said:

For an example lets say I would like to drive to Aleph 2 per channel.

I understand that you like to parallel L and R ch of Aleph 2 to double up the output current into the speaker. Good news is . . . , I also understand that Aleph 2 requires input voltages, but accepting very low input current (e.g. few hundred microA).

In my opinion, just paralleling the output of P1.7 will work fine with no problem.

Regards

loovet said:
If I would like to have tow outputs from an Aleph P 1.7, do i just put them in paralell, or?

For an example lets say I would like to drive to Aleph 2 per channel.

BR

/loovet

Sorry for my spelling
:rolleyes:

I would like to have two outputs per channel? In total four outputs...

And for an example I would like to drive two Aleph 2 per channel, in total four amps...

BR

/loovet

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Aah . . . four Aleph 2s . . .

If one Aleph 2 has 10K-20K input impedance, it means that 800R output impedance of P1.7 (per channel) should see 2.5K-5K input impedance of two Aleph 2s (per channel).

I estimate that P1.7 could still do the job.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.