Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2006, 04:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

The next Pass Shootout is scheduled for Saturday May 6th at 10:30 AM at my place in Bountiful, Utah. All the usual people will be here and all others that want to bring their DIY amp and or preamp are also invited to join us...... needless to say Nelson is also invited.... . We will compare and dissect how each piece sounds using my Dynaudios. Bring your own source material in case you don't like mine!

Brian GT has sent me some extra prototype SMD style Mini Aleph PCB's and I will be handing those out free to the first Three attendees that show up. So be prompt!!

Those attending need to e-mail me for a map since my place is somewhat hidden off the street.

Mark
Old 15th April 2006, 11:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you folks keep having shootouts, there won't be anyone left alive...

Grey
Old 16th April 2006, 12:01 AM   #3
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Default Re: Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
The next Pass Shootout is scheduled for Saturday May 6th at 10:30 AM at my place in Bountiful, Utah. All the usual people will be here and all others that want to bring their DIY amp and or preamp are also invited to join us...... needless to say Nelson is also invited.... . We will compare and dissect how each piece sounds using my Dynaudios. Bring your own source material in case you don't like mine!

Brian GT has sent me some extra prototype SMD style Mini Aleph PCB's and I will be handing those out free to the first Three attendees that show up. So be prompt!!

Those attending need to e-mail me for a map since my place is somewhat hidden off the street.

Mark
Lucky them I actually was there to help with that board LAYOUT. Are you going to build a set Mark ?
Old 16th April 2006, 12:13 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yea, Myself and three others will be building protos of them to test out and judge at the shootout after this one..... Assuming there are any audio nuts left alive after th8is shootout.

Mark
Old 16th April 2006, 12:15 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Yea, Myself and three others will be building protos of them to test out and judge at the shootout after this one..... Assuming there are any audio nuts left alive after th8is shootout.

Mark

wish i could go..

My bet's are on the smd version Compaired to the through hole.
Old 16th April 2006, 05:44 AM   #6
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Default Re: Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

Quote:

Mark
Excellent! I hope it goes well. Here is a pic for what Mark will be giving out. Red boards with gold plating. The pcb set contains 2 amp boards and 2 psu boards and is 6" x 6"

--
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ma-smd1.jpg (99.1 KB, 1483 views)
Old 16th April 2006, 05:50 AM   #7
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Picture of new PSU board. I had these caps on hand, but will be using 22,000uF 35v caps on my prototype board, which are 35mmx40mm instead of these ones which are 35mm x 30mm,

--
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ma-smd2.jpg (50.2 KB, 1432 views)
Old 16th April 2006, 05:58 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianGT
Picture of new PSU board. I had these caps on hand, but will be using 22,000uF 35v caps on my prototype board, which are 35mmx40mm instead of these ones which are 35mm x 30mm,

--
Brian

DROOL! Looking Good.
Old 17th April 2006, 04:09 AM   #9
digi01 is offline digi01  China
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to digi01
Brian,the unit looks very nice!
Old 17th April 2006, 04:53 AM   #10
Account Disabled

Thinking that the class A power amp requires wide inner space, I wonder why trying to make mini PCB . . .

Any good argument?

Hide this!Advertise here!