diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/77793-next-pass-shootout-salt-lake-city.html)

Mark A. Gulbrandsen 15th April 2006 03:43 PM

Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

The next Pass Shootout is scheduled for Saturday May 6th at 10:30 AM at my place in Bountiful, Utah. All the usual people will be here and all others that want to bring their DIY amp and or preamp are also invited to join us...... needless to say Nelson is also invited.... :cool: . We will compare and dissect how each piece sounds using my Dynaudios. Bring your own source material in case you don't like mine!

Brian GT has sent me some extra prototype SMD style Mini Aleph PCB's and I will be handing those out free to the first Three attendees that show up. So be prompt!!

Those attending need to e-mail me for a map since my place is somewhat hidden off the street.

Mark

GRollins 15th April 2006 10:32 PM

If you folks keep having shootouts, there won't be anyone left alive...

Grey

jleaman 15th April 2006 11:01 PM

Re: Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
The next Pass Shootout is scheduled for Saturday May 6th at 10:30 AM at my place in Bountiful, Utah. All the usual people will be here and all others that want to bring their DIY amp and or preamp are also invited to join us...... needless to say Nelson is also invited.... :cool: . We will compare and dissect how each piece sounds using my Dynaudios. Bring your own source material in case you don't like mine!

Brian GT has sent me some extra prototype SMD style Mini Aleph PCB's and I will be handing those out free to the first Three attendees that show up. So be prompt!!

Those attending need to e-mail me for a map since my place is somewhat hidden off the street.

Mark

Lucky them :) I actually was there to help with that board LAYOUT. Are you going to build a set Mark ?

Mark A. Gulbrandsen 15th April 2006 11:13 PM

Yea, Myself and three others will be building protos of them to test out and judge at the shootout after this one..... Assuming there are any audio nuts left alive after th8is shootout.

Mark

jleaman 15th April 2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Yea, Myself and three others will be building protos of them to test out and judge at the shootout after this one..... Assuming there are any audio nuts left alive after th8is shootout.

Mark

:( wish i could go..

My bet's are on the smd version :) Compaired to the through hole.

BrianGT 16th April 2006 04:44 AM

Re: Next Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Mark

Excellent! I hope it goes well. Here is a pic for what Mark will be giving out. Red boards with gold plating. The pcb set contains 2 amp boards and 2 psu boards and is 6" x 6"

--
Brian

BrianGT 16th April 2006 04:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Picture of new PSU board. I had these caps on hand, but will be using 22,000uF 35v caps on my prototype board, which are 35mmx40mm instead of these ones which are 35mm x 30mm,

--
Brian

jleaman 16th April 2006 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianGT
Picture of new PSU board. I had these caps on hand, but will be using 22,000uF 35v caps on my prototype board, which are 35mmx40mm instead of these ones which are 35mm x 30mm,

--
Brian

DROOL! Looking Good. :D :D :D :D

digi01 17th April 2006 03:09 AM

Brian,the unit looks very nice!

jh6you 17th April 2006 03:53 AM

Thinking that the class A power amp requires wide inner space, I wonder why trying to make mini PCB . . .

Any good argument?