Pass Labs D1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I could use the same...

Hi,

I've actually been looking for this as well. I have a Resolution Audio CD-50 that uses four of the PCM63 DAC's, and I'd like to modify the lousy op-amp output to somthing more like what Nelson used in the D1.

My e-mail is: owen.columbus@littletreeaudio dot com

remove the word "dot" and put in a .

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not off topic at all... infact, it's the first proper D1 related question in the whole thread.

I finished a modified output board for my Resolution Audio CD50 a few months ago, and the standard issue National Semi LM regualtors have been working great for me. I mounted them on heatsinks to be safe, but I'm pretty sure you could get away without them.

There might be some advantage to using ultra-high quality regulators, but it's unlikely given the better than average power supply noise rejection of the balanced circuit. Either way, I can say for sure the LM regulators work fine, if you feel you need more than that, give it a shot.

Just a side note, I have a board design with the output stage if you'd like it. It might be a good start for you, all that you have to do is design the preceding DAC circuitry.

All the best with your project!

Owen

Attachments

• racd50out.jpg
    racd50out.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,544
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.