Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Good News, NS10 group buy

steenoe said:

He-he, all the others dont know what they are missing out on. They wont even know what hit 'em, when they hear a preamp with Toolereg's:devilr:

:)

:rofl:

I will .......

:devily:

( just remember that toob man urged ya to shunt regs ...... ya owe me beer for that )

:clown:

edit :

why I have impression that Cee will fill his Drekling with Toole's ........

Bragging Rights

Here are some of the components that will go to the new NS10 Clone.

PRP resistors, AB carb comp (for testing) FKP as bypass to the input cap (probably FC)

Some of the PRP sistors will also go to the F5.

This are nice birthday presents from my son.
:D

Attachments

• p1020378 ap.jpg
    p1020378 ap.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 704
Joined 2002
Paid Member
twitchie said:
Any additional price break at 300 boards? If the price keeps going down, I'm going to have to buy more boards :xeye:

I didn't get a quote for 300 boards, though I expect there
will be some additional discount.

The final board will be larger than the one originally
quoted for. I will obtain updated quotes when I get
the new gerber files.

Cheers,
Dennis

@ Mega-Amp

To be honest - it was mentioned twice.

- > 1 x NS10 PCB means a Stereo Board (2 Channels).

@ CeToole

Thanks. It would be great and you can take your time.....dont rush....I have time :)

@ All

Another price break would also increase my order. I have TooleReg-Fever....as Craig ferguson (Late Late show) would describe it :)

Alan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good News, NS10 group buy

Zen Mod said:

:rofl:

( just remember that toob man urged ya to shunt regs ...... ya owe me beer for that )

I shall never forget. I owe you a big fancy barbecue party for that:) Dont forget that I was a true beleiver even from first buzzin' version...he-he All you other guys owe me for being so stubborn, keeping lookin' for a simple high performance shuntreg and you owe Tony for finding it and Colin for designing, Dennis for the GB and Manu for PCB gerbers :D What a barbecue-party we can have...

cetoole said:

Hi Tony,

The "zener" is actually a red LED for the LV version. ;)

Glad you like it DVBjunky. I will work up a 5v version when I take another break from this #$%^ paper.

Colin, did you look into using a LM336-2,5 or LM336-5 for the low voltage versions? There might be some advantage to those and in any case they will be more consistent than different LED's.

MEGA-amp said:
got to jump in on this one!

a bit confused though:

1 pcb NS10 = stereo or mono? (was noted earlier but not confirmed)

One Toole reg per NS10 channel...correct?

1 NS10 board is stereo, 2 channels. ( And the NS10 is singlerail supply, remember?
1 Toolereg board is 1 raw supply and 2 Tooleregs. (plus 1 bonussupply)
1 of each board will be perfect for a stereo NS10, but if you wanted to go dualmono on the raw supplies, then you would need 2 Tooleboards. That would leave you 2 Tooleregs and 2 bonussupplies for other uses:) IMO using 2 raw supplies is not needed at all. If each channel has its own Toolereg there will be no crosstalk between channels at all.
Hope this clears things a bit.

BTW, Tony those parts are great looking:cool: Wish my sons brought me stuff like that...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.