Fischer Elektonik SK41 Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have couple of those heat sinks but I don't know should I trust this spreadsheet from Fischer

It says that at 150mm C/W should be around 0.28, so that one heat sink should be enough for 100W ( 100x0,28=28*C above ambient so it would be 24+28=52*C )

But I have some bigger heat sink then those and they get 60-65*C at 100W so I’m not shure should I trust this spreadsheet?...does any one have experience with SK41?

Thanks

Attachments

• sk41.jpg
    sk41.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 733
Thanks for replay

If I understand this right this 0.28 is for 20*C ambient and 100*C on heatsinks !!!
To get this for normal operating temperature I should use some factor which is less then 2...

I have read some place that people use 1.3 for Conrad heatsinks !?!

So in my case if I use factor of 2 it will get me to 2x0.28=0.56 and for 75W it will be 42 above ambient ... whell that’s hot
But if that could be like 1.3 then it's 0.37 , 75Wx0.37=28*C above ambient and that is accessible, I hope !

Will have to see when I place mosfets on them

:smash:

Aavid quotes a factor of 1.3 :

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/technical/correct.shtml

But for the heatsink I am using, if I go from dT = 80° to dT =40°, I shall have to use factor of 2. This depends on the heatsink geometry, especially the length and the spacing between the fins.

The safest is to ask the manufacturer, quotes the amount of heat you want to dissipate, the the desired dT.

I did, for my heatsinks, and the measured temperature is within 2° to calculated. Worth asking.

Patrick

I have wrote to Fischer couple days ago, and recive replay todey

This si my question:

I have buy some of those heatsinks and have doubth do I have right spreadsheat for this profile.
It say that SK41 for 150mm have koeficijent of 0.28*C/W so for 100W of disipation it would have 28*C above ambient, is this right ???
I ask this bacause I have similar heatsink which is biger then SK41 and it gets realy hot when it nead to desipate 100W, it heats at about 60*C ( 20*C ambient ) ( at 20*C ambient SK 41 should rich 48*C ).

Replay:

According to our technician Mr. xxx, I can tell you that your calculation is absolutely correct.

So now I don't know...I think I will have to build it and see...
Patrick, thanks for the info, I didn't know before that C/W in datasheet depend on dT...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.