X-Bosoz Finished - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2006, 08:28 PM   #11
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

I made mistake and attached wrong image in one of the first posts. Here is the correct one - whole DCX board bypassed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _mg_3294-2.jpg (64.7 KB, 1339 views)
Old 18th March 2006, 08:32 PM   #12
Master Burner

And finaly here is the front side without the front panel. Still waiting for the order of some milling bits in order to finish. For now here is the view of underside of front panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _mg_3273-2.jpg (72.7 KB, 1349 views)
Old 18th March 2006, 08:50 PM   #13
Master Burner

I will post final pictures next week when I completely finish front panel. And just to conclude:
X boards are from Kari's group buy, parts are provided from Anthony, Apox Boards are from Apox Controls that I got from Tyler on trade board, cases are as well from the trade board, all the knowledge I gained is from here, DIY audio, the design is by Nelson Pass, and pleasure is all mine. Thank you all.
Sound is absolutily perfect. I just recently completed Aleph 30 which I am using for the ribbon tweeters. Treshold Stasis S300 Vs Aleph 30
For the mids I have 2A3 vacum tube and on the bottom class AB amp. Pure haven.
Old 19th March 2006, 06:04 AM   #14
Coulomb is offline Coulomb  England
diyAudio Member

Project looks good.

Anthony
Old 19th March 2006, 06:18 AM   #15
Master Burner

Thanx Colomb.
Old 19th March 2006, 03:16 PM   #16
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
It looks good, BUT weay to crowded. I think if you changed the chassis and layout it might be a better idea. There is so much crammed things in there.. How come ?
Old 19th March 2006, 04:06 PM   #17
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

When your done, you want to make me one?

nice job, I've been considering doing something very similar.
Old 19th March 2006, 05:13 PM   #18
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally posted by jleaman
It looks good, BUT weay to crowded. I think if you changed the chassis and layout it might be a better idea. There is so much crammed things in there.. How come ?
Think in the terms of 3 separate ballanced preamps. Than think how much wiring is needed which is never too good. I purposedly wanted to make it as close to each other in order to avoid extra signal routing. I used very good silver - teflon wire which is maybe thicker and add to the overal busy look. Ideally I should use PC mounted XLRs and do all of the routing from there which could also house Lundahls. That would be much better but that would be phase 2. Temperature wise everything works well, no excessive heating at all. Case cover has enough slot openning on the sides and there is quite enough circulation. Beside heat which is not an issue I do not see any reason for boards not to be close to each other. Trannies are in a separate box, and power distribution is bellow thick aluminum plate. Only 5V regulator board is in the case for volume control, which has to be as close to electronics. The case is already big it is standard 19" size. Only other option would be one more case which you would agree would not make it very practical to have three cases. Please let me know if you see any other issue beside esthetics.
Thanks for the opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshK
When your done, you want to make me one? Sure
nice job, I've been considering doing something very similar.
Please let me know if you need any help.

Old 30th October 2006, 05:59 PM   #19
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Loking good!!If you short out the output board you lose the filtering from the DAC´s as well,righ.Good or bad?So you can use LL1674 balanced,if I only use the DCX singlended,is it enough with 3 transformers then?In the LL1674 data I cant see how to use it as 1:1,how?Lundahl have some digital transformer,is it good to change the DCX input trafo with,or any other sugestions?
Old 30th October 2006, 07:01 PM   #20
Master Burner

You cannot combine separate channels on one transformer. You have to present ballanced signal to the Lundahl in order to canncel DC coming out of DCX. Lundahls provide filtering by their natural roll off at around 50 KHz. I was wrong on 1:1. it is only 1:2 or 1:4, but 1:4 is really not recomennded. If ypou need 1:1 you will need different one - do not remember exactly what was the number. You could get all info and buy Lundahls from Kevin at K&K audio.
http://www.kandkaudio.com/

Hide this!Advertise here!