Aleph DIY x100 and Wilson Audio-low impedance problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, can anybody tel me how DIY Aleph x100 will perform with wilson audio watt/puppy 6? impedanse in low frequencies 20-40hz drops to 3ohm . I am planing to build one aleph x100 for the watt and thinking about second to puppy. I tried to hook up with one DIY aleph 5 but its suicide for the amp. no speed no punch,no fast controled bass. so question should I build one aleph x or two?. or instead second use with better DF and probbaly b class to control better Low frequency woofers. kind a krell mark levinson .thanks for answers in advance.. :confused:

Thanks Mr. Pass. I will not try to hook up DIY aleph 5 again-its fails and I think even clips with loud volumes(with the others speakers it does not clip)
I am thinking of 1x aleph x100 DIY for the watt,
and maybe highly biased aleph x100 diy for pupies. or should I go for pupies something else? working with one amp watt has replacement tube port which(I believe) helps handle watt/puppy with low DF amps.

Stay tuned

I can let you know in a month or so when my 60 WPC Aleph X is complete. Assuming it actually works.

I have found that the Krell KSA-50 Clone is incredible with the WP 5.1's. Seemingly endless power from a 50wpc amp. If you are looking for bass punch you might want to think about this amp.

Despite what Nelson says, I found that my store-bought Aleph 3 was a good match for the WP's, a little less weight in the bass but still very enjoyable unless you really want to crank up the volume.

ok I will stay tuned. here is my lovely aleph3/5/30/60 generation :)

and lower atached 50kg of aliuminium , aliuminiu profiles now. after month there will be 4-6 new aleph x for my and friends. :)
I am not a bass freak but puppy ispretty thin in larger rooms but good definition bass speker. I will try ti build 2 alepx x 100 and if not ok with puppy I will build ksa 50

Attachments

• p1010106.jpg
    p1010106.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 399
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.