diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Aleph DIY x100 and Wilson Audio-low impedance problem. (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/75401-aleph-diy-x100-wilson-audio-low-impedance-problem.html)

elviukai 7th March 2006 05:36 PM

Aleph DIY x100 and Wilson Audio-low impedance problem.

hi, can anybody tel me how DIY Aleph x100 will perform with wilson audio watt/puppy 6? impedanse in low frequencies 20-40hz drops to 3ohm . I am planing to build one aleph x100 for the watt and thinking about second to puppy. I tried to hook up with one DIY aleph 5 but its suicide for the amp. no speed no punch,no fast controled bass. so question should I build one aleph x or two?. or instead second use with better DF and probbaly b class to control better Low frequency woofers. kind a krell mark levinson .thanks for answers in advance.. :confused:

wuffwaff 7th March 2006 07:10 PM

Hi,

this will depend on how you build / bias your amp.
The only thing I can say is that with my Thiel CS6 the Aleph-X is a lot better (control) than my Aleph5.

William

Nelson Pass 7th March 2006 07:42 PM

In my experience, the Alephs have never been a good match
for the Watt/Puppies on the bottom end. They don't deliver
sufficient punch and control.

:cool:

elviukai 7th March 2006 07:53 PM

Thanks Mr. Pass. I will not try to hook up DIY aleph 5 again-its fails and I think even clips with loud volumes(with the others speakers it does not clip)
I am thinking of 1x aleph x100 DIY for the watt,
and maybe highly biased aleph x100 diy for pupies. or should I go for pupies something else? working with one amp watt has replacement tube port which(I believe) helps handle watt/puppy with low DF amps.

jam 7th March 2006 09:47 PM

Elviukai,

................you should build the Pass A75.......now there is an amp. that will handle the Wilsons with ease.

Regards,
Jam

elviukai 8th March 2006 07:13 PM

a75 looks good-lot of devices. but would it be much better than aleph x higly biased? its a lot of easier to build two similar amps not diferent(from expierence) I am not bass freak, I complain not about qty but quality of bass.

lgreen 9th March 2006 05:49 PM

Stay tuned

I can let you know in a month or so when my 60 WPC Aleph X is complete. Assuming it actually works.

I have found that the Krell KSA-50 Clone is incredible with the WP 5.1's. Seemingly endless power from a 50wpc amp. If you are looking for bass punch you might want to think about this amp.

Despite what Nelson says, I found that my store-bought Aleph 3 was a good match for the WP's, a little less weight in the bass but still very enjoyable unless you really want to crank up the volume.

elviukai 9th March 2006 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok I will stay tuned. here is my lovely aleph3/5/30/60 generation :)

and lower atached 50kg of aliuminium , aliuminiu profiles now. after month there will be 4-6 new aleph x for my and friends. :)
I am not a bass freak but puppy ispretty thin in larger rooms but good definition bass speker. I will try ti build 2 alepx x 100 and if not ok with puppy I will build ksa 50

jacco vermeulen 9th March 2006 06:26 PM

Mr Green,
how high is the bias going to be on the JEG-4 ?

elviukai 9th March 2006 06:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
btw I think aleph 3 is better lower impedanse work horse than aleph 5 for example. aleph 5 results with WA not so well.. maybe 2x aleph x100 will do job..