Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wow.. those translation pages is translating really wierd..

Anyway my brother is finished with babbelfish-mini-j :)

Dual-mono, +/-16V, CRC 60000uf each side, 3.2A bias total.

Only issue is that we hade to rais R13 to 100K to reach desired bias..

The babbelfish sound is just magnificent... So smooth and lean.. It's just fantastic.. Probably the sound stage is better with my brothers as he use dual mono..

Everything I miss in my aleph30 is there with the babbelfish-j.

We have not have the time to try difference between ceramic and silver mica feedback compensation cap..

soon the fall is here and the high season for DIY begins : )

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yunick said:
We have not have the time to try difference between ceramic and silver mica feedback compensation cap..

hehe
that you'll hear mebbe ( just mebbe ) with your new spks.............

show them to us ....... in dedicated thread , so maybe few DiyAs will try them too....

:devilr:

say that you're given with that combo ......... and you just tried what you see on net.........

;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just spit exactly what you want ;

OK, I want to be rich but not famous. A couple of j109s wouldn't hurt either. Does anyone have a pair they can spare? OK, I said it:)

If not I'll try subbin some others in...

My mind is settled, thanks to Steen for pointing it out.
If you think it will work OK, I am going to build a 'crippled Babelfish J'. I'm not sure what outputs I'd want to use but I'm thinking somewhere around +-18v DC rails because of the hardware I have here (irfp140, 540, 610 -whatever). You know what it would be for - I know you do:)

I would need and would appreciate a bit of assistance though:worship:
Do you have any suggestions for changes for the lowered voltage?

Is this your final balanced schem?

talkin' about alter ego..........

ya know- I'm me via wireless with appropriate IP.......
and Oly is me via modem ......with appropriate IP.....

You and Oly have my respect - you know I joke.
-and I know about proxy servers:devilr::clown:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
you guys are confusing me with all this 3-legged alter ego talk :cannotbe:

Can someone explain what the 2 pots are for? I'll guess that one is to adjust the DC offset and the other is to set the bias, but which one is which, or do I have this all wrong? For the record though, I built CVILLER's JFISH version. Yes, I have to admit, my stuffed boards are just sitting there waiting to be mounted to heatsinks (and waiting for matched IRFP240s) ...

Thanks,

Stephen

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
twitchie said:
you guys are confusing me with all this 3-legged alter ego talk :cannotbe:

Can someone explain what the 2 pots are for? I'll guess that one is to adjust the DC offset and the other is to set the bias, but which one is which, or do I have this all wrong? For the record though, I built CVILLER's JFISH version. Yes, I have to admit, my stuffed boards are just sitting there waiting to be mounted to heatsinks (and waiting for matched IRFP240s) ...

Thanks,

Stephen

in this pdf you'll find everything you need

I dunno why this file have no name - "everything you need to know about Alephs and just lookin at it you'll realize how Papa is good Comedian......."

author is Bergerons (from file properties ) but kill me if I can remember his DiyA nick .........

edit:

trimpot on input side CCS is in role of R106 shown in this pdf file

Attachments

• aleph30.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 272
Da ya think they'll work Papa Jr.? :)

I'll attach them to mom's heat sinks you spoke about at the beginning.:clown:

Attachments

• babef.jpg
    babef.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 637
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.