Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Looking at your psu, you mean to use a 9mH?? That is gonna be one big darn mother######!:bigeyes: You do know, that you are supposed to use aircore inductors right?

Steen:)

if you have some wire and few old small xformers,I'll send you or ,even better ,post here exactly how my chokes are made......
on monday,when I will have time to measure exact dimensions

you'll be surprised how small they are

hehe

that you are supposed to use aircore inductors

why?

Saturation?

More ugly hardware;) I have 2 big aircore inductors 2mH each, 4 pcs 100000uF's and a 625VA trafo for the psu.

Attachments

• psu_parts.jpg
    psu_parts.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 823
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Saturation?

you know how Papa's laugh sounds?
something as muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! ;)

More ugly hardware

yup!

I have 2 big aircore inductors 2mH each

good ;

4 pcs 100000uF's

I hate ya! :rolleyes:

625VA trafo

sisyyyyyyyy.
weak
schlach
:devilr:

so-I'm back from little familly trip;tomorrow I'll write here some data for my chokes,even if yours will be more than enough in combination with those megazilionfarad caps

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
What the hell amount of RCAs . . . :dead:
What the white fat caps . . . :dead:
What the wounded coils . . . :D

Choky,

Thanks for the 1237.
I also see Zeny V2 in the file you attached.
Ah, my current one is somewhat different from V2, having voltage gain adjustment . . . which I am using also as a preamp driving Zen V5. Are you intested in . . . quietly? ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:

Choky,.............

I also see Zeny V2 in the file you attached.
Ah, my current one is somewhat different from V2, having voltage gain adjustment . . . which I am using also as a preamp driving Zen V5. Are you intested in . . . quietly? ;)

Babo-my brain is on sorta red now.....can you explain that little further?

which file?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:
I see two file folders, named:

1 . .
2 Zastita zvucnika...

Under the first floder, all garbage except Zeny V2 ;)

hahahahaha or "muahahahahahahaha"..........!

it's when you open it with RAR,not decompressing it before?
right?
if -yes- than 1 .. is garbage from RAR Temp folder in YOUR comp,not mine :devilr:

:cool:just checked in my "sent" folder-I sent you just "zastita zvucnika" rar-ed.

gimme pic of populated boards,and just then I'll tell "ugly!"
What about a pic of the finished amp, will that do?:clown: The reading on the meter is DC offset at the speaker-terminals:D Pretty nice, dont you think? I think this amp IS a bit sexy looking for a change;) I will keep you updated with more pic's and not the least, listenig impressions if it doesnt go up in smoke, before I get a chance to connect speakers:)

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• babelfish_adj.jpg
    babelfish_adj.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 858
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.