Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ALEPH J, that's sound great

My next project is 2N5462 instead of 2sj109BL.
I can't find anymore 2SJ109BL from my country, if I want to use +/- 15V power supply rails as ALEPHX how do I set CCS and OUTPUT CURRENT ?

tnx
analog guy

Attachments

• 20036714525770556.jpg
    20036714525770556.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3,036
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: ALEPH J, that's sound great

ANALOG GUY said:
My next project is 2N5462 instead of 2sj109BL.
I can't find anymore 2SJ109BL from my country, if I want to use +/- 15V power supply rails as ALEPHX how do I set CCS and OUTPUT CURRENT ?

tnx
analog guy

just to be clear-you wanna make Aleph X with 2N5462 in input?
I can't reply ,just because that is little unclear (at least for my brain) ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
audiotux said:
Hi choky ,

how many SJ 109 BL do you need ?

Can you give my a concrete number ?

Thanks for the fast reply !

Jürgen

I'm sure that we can arrange up to 20-30 pieces of 109 and same amount of 389

I must talk with Oly and few friends too;

you can send me PM with details ,please....

chokyATneobee.net or via board mail button

tnx for fast reply,too ;)

ps-IGBT is maybe way to another flawor of OLy's little amp......

audiotux said:

can i use 2SC 2837 + 2SA 1294 as output-transes
for your little amplifier ?

Hi Jürgen,

Sorry, it's theoreticaly possible, but not practicaly, because bipolar's need bias circuit for temperature stability. Also we need much more current from input circuit to drive output BTJ's. That assume extra followers and we live minimalist concept.

Oly

audiotux said:
Hi Oly ,

thanx for answering my question .
Forgot to ask what transes you used in your amp .
can you give me a little hint on the right transes ?
Btw i like your amp very much , its very simple .

Thanx Jürgen :)

I try to make simplest and smallest amp like Aleph-J, but in Erno Borbely style...I hope that will sounds like Aleph or some better...
I'm shure that is more temp. stable and has lower DC offset...

So, You can use any mosfet complementary pair like IRF140/9140, IRF240/9240 or similar....

My friend Choky will make prototype soon and compare it with Aleph-J...

Oliver

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: I hope you-(nu)clear...only BABBELFISH J PCBS

ANALOG GUY said:
I said about 2N5462 instead of 2SJ109 in BABBELFISH J
Could anyone post ALEPH J 30WPC (NEW ALEPH3) schematic ?

tnx
analog guy

2N5462 looks promising....voltage-wise even better than 2SJ109
just be sure that you match them tight and they are thermally coupled-little blob of thermal paste between them and sort of wire ring to keep them together

Attachments

• 2n5462 printed_ with tdv-disk 2002.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 655
Looking for those elusive 2SJ109's I have found a confirmed source:) The source is in the far east and what I would like to know is if somebody else are interested in getting hold of some of those specimen's? I would be ready to arrange a minor GB if there is interest? Only little but is, that the guy only wants to sell matched pairs. So 2SK389BL/2SJ109BL matched pairs is what I am talking about. He is asking 10 Euro a pair. On top of that comes postage from him to me, and from me to you plus the VAT I have to pay for the package, 25% here in DK!! Send me a mail if you want in. I will order a bunch for myself, whatever:)

Steen :cool:

Hi Patrick. If you have a source for the 2SJ109BL or V please send me a mail. I just looked at Fibra brandt with no luck! I placed orders with many companies listing those devices with no luck so far. Many companies has them listed on their website, but none were able to supply so far;) I have ordered from many companies lately.... but but but...... Its easy enough to have them listed, but another thing to actually send them!! If you can get them, please let me know:)

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
?!

steenoe said:
Hi Patrick. If you have a source for the 2SJ109BL or V please send me a mail. I just looked at Fibra brandt with no luck! I placed orders with many companies listing those devices with no luck so far. Many companies has them listed on their website, but none were able to supply so far;) I have ordered from many companies lately.... but but but...... Its easy enough to have them listed, but another thing to actually send them!! If you can get them, please let me know:)

Steen:)

http://www.fibra-brandt.com/index.c...escr=2SJ109-BL/TOS&sc_add_article=&sc_add_sc=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.