Set of Aleph-x boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to the progress and ongoing experiments. I have taken apart my Aleph-x. The boards have 8 outputs (IRFP 240). They are set up for 4 amps bias with 15 volt rails. The pots have been removed.
They have been working for 1 and 1/2 years. Have taken various trips tp other DIY members.
Free to who ever wants them. :D

Thanks to Nelson and Grey.

Mike is one of the few very generous souls here on this site. He recently sent me an Aleph P line stage. I thought I was getting a pair of boards... nope... a working P in a chassis ready to hook up.

The world would sure be alot better place if there were more people like he! I hope he is keeping some of the things he has built for himself!!

Mark

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Mike is one of the few very generous souls here on this site. He recently sent me an Aleph P line stage. I thought I was getting a pair of boards... nope... a working P in a chassis ready to hook up.

The world would sure be alot better place if there were more people like he! I hope he is keeping some of the things he has built for himself!!

Mark

well said.

MikeW said:

If you can lift it. :bigeyes:

I can lift it alright! The question is, is it a step backwards from the ~a30? I know nothing about that amp and will do some research.

I am interested in auditioning (BORROWING;) ) it if you think it's worth the effort. If I liked it and you didn't want it back I would make it worth your while in ....oh...maybe some chassis metal I have here....:D

MikeW said:

Were do you want them shipped?

Mike,

I just sent you an e-mail. Echoing Mark G.'s comments..."you're a very generous soul." :angel: I wish I have something to offer you but it looks like you've built just about anything Mr. Pass published.

Sorry Mr. Marino for getting to Mike's post ahead of you.

Anyway, I'll try to find time to make it a nice home soon...unfortunately I'm away from home too...in Houston then FL.

Thanks so much.

Allan

As far as I know there have only been four A40 MOSFET amps built. Jam has one and I have the others. There are only 2 other people that have boards and I don't think they have finished the amps yet.
Let me know when you want it. There is another new amp that needs to be built.
I know Jam isn't going to build it and send it to me. :devilr:
It is a little over 85 pounds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.