Hum and Noise with Ono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'vebuild an Ono and it works. But I have a problem with earthing my turntable. At first here is my system :

Turntable: Thorens TD 126 MK3, SME Series III, Benz Micro ACE L
PrePreAmp: Aleph Ono Clone
PreAmp: Aleph P V1.7 Clone
Amp: Son of Zen
Loudspeaker: Stacked Quads

With this system I have a hum in one channel. The other channel is total silent. I tried several earthing strategies, but I don't succeed. When I change the inputs on the Ono (left to right) the hum changes also the channel - so the problem has nothing to do with the Ono itself.

At this moment I have no earth connection between the SME and the Thorens and also no connection between the SME and the Ono (this is the lowest hum). I have a connection between both grounds of the Ono to earth via anti parallel diodes. The same I have in my Aleph P. I've tried to earth the SME at the ground of one channel of the Ono (at the input and output) and also at the earth (which seem to be totaly wrong).

Any idea what I can do to get the same excellent results in both channels ? What earth strategy you use in you systems ?

Regards

Ralph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.