Aleph-X BrianGT's pcb layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I think that I finished the layout. Here are some pictures of the finished layout. It is basically Grey's layout with double the output devices and the option of selecting whether R17 goes to ground or -VCC. I can revise this board later on and change the CCS to HH's design and compare.

I have looked over it, and I think that it is correct and should be getting boards made next week here at school. The only difference from the pics that I am posting is that I added mounting holes. I realized that I missed them as soon as I finished making the gifs for it.

Any suggestions on how to improve it before I get boards made? How do I decide the resistor values when deciding the power that I want for output. For the power input, I spaced it for terminal blocks, but will simply solder wires once I get the transformer that I want to use (using my aleph 2 transformer and a variac for now).

Should I use IRFP044 devices or IRFP240 devices for this?

If all goes well, I should have prototype done in a few weeks.

The board dimensions are 6" x 6". I plan on making my chassis inside 6" wide and mounting the devices directly to the heatsink. I can easily scale the pcb design to more devices by making it longer and inserting more devices later on, should I need more power.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.