Zv9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great!

When the first Zen amplifier was published 12 years ago, I did not particularly imagine the course the exploration would take....

......Remarkably, we seem to have made real progress. The original Zen amplifier we measured .6% harmonic distortion at 1 watt, and here we see about 1/100th of that figure. I believe that the best correlation between measured performance and subjective listening occurs with simple circuits, giving rise to the obvious question - does this sound 100 times better?

No, only about 10 times better.

What can we say more?
You're the One and Only!

:cheers:

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I still have to work myself trough the whole article but I find it interesting that the modulated cascode seems to have the greatest inpact on distortion factors.

Nice and elegant as always, I'd call it the Château d'Iquem of the Diyer. :)

/Hugo

I tried open ZV9.doc
with my WordPad program. This is what i normally use for .doc

There is an error and it wont open.
Something with the graphics.

I will have to wait for a Webpage version ( at passdiy.com ) or a PDF document
to see if there is anything new and interesting for me.

Just thought I let you know.
There can be others having same problem with actual version of ZV9.doc

/lineup - who knows how to wait, he not worry too much

;)

I think a bridged version might suit me... However, I guess these same benifits will apply to a Pwr JFET, follower, cascoded, output arrangement??? Or does "the FET does not know what configuration it's in" not apply here???
I was working on a Circlotron circuit (follower output) lately but, it is not the output that makes the distortion in a design like that. A Zenlike voltage amp stage is the difficulty. I've been thinking the JFET might not fit into that project... Hmmm:D :D :D
Toche Nelson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.