Pass X250 concept ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
nice to see that the discussion is again flamed up.
My circuit with that Jfet cascode had, so far as I can remind, absolute no DC offset. I was running it without any capacitors in the signal way. I can agree Cheff, the sound was pretty well fast with deep bass. In the pas time I was on weight up what better, Aleph P or this. The time should show us. My project is on ice, but I´ll continue as soon as my horns are build.

Good luck!
Adam

My completed schematic

1.Balanced source. (convert from Function Generator)
2.Balanced input module without de/increse gain.
3.Se input module with 10k potentiometre

Many guys mail me about my posted @ solidstate, Yes it's same schematic.

I have some problem with simulation when I use ZVN/P 3310 instead IRF610/9610 it's has more DC out on (drain+drain) output (0.5-1V) or I'll change source resistor from 1k to 221 ?

Help me please,I used 10.48mA each IRF610/9610.....too much ?

Thanks
analog guy

Attachments

• pass x2 rev.3.jpg
    pass x2 rev.3.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,723
And you'd better match the fets.
I would be very lucky if I even can buy the non matched parts:D I still have K389 BL's but don't have any J109(GR or BL or V or anything)

In my fuzzy memory, Mr. Pass sometimes ago (very long ago) seems to write it is the OL gain + CL gain + feedback ratio that matters very much. This is when he was asked why he uses Mosfets for X1000 and X600, and uses these UGS Jfet modules for smaller X amps.

Since I'm still learning, is it true that these ratio's that makes the "sound", not because it is built by Jfet or Mosfet or Bipolars?

I don't know about the Panasonic polypropylene--I was using the 10uF polyester. It's no real surprise that polypropylene sounds better than polyester, but I needed larger values in order to get the frequency rolloff down.

Grey

EDIT: You want the schematic? No problem. Remind me when I'm at home and can get to it.

would you please share the line stage schematic?:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.