Aleph 30 schematic - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2006, 12:27 PM   #31
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steenoe

Nope, I did mean this inspiring page:
http://www.passdiy.com
The very best of all DIY pages

Steen

ah,you and your Engrish

I agree for both places , but I must say that both places are possible tnx to good will of Papa Nelson;

anyway,entire Diyaudio looks special 'couse we have few pros sharing what and when they can,ou contrarie to usual praxis in this funny world
Old 11th February 2006, 01:13 PM   #32
daly2k is offline daly2k  United States
diyAudio Member

Default aleph 30

Maybe I am catching the audio flu or something and not connecting, is the schematic that NP is refererencing the October 2005 j-fet buffer to the zen amp on his web site?
I have been following NP articles in audio express and is this the next one? I am contemplating building the J-fet variation after my speaker project is completed. My Aleph 1.2's still keep me warm in the winter with the A-75 as back up.

Has any built Grey's version of the X-amp? dave
Old 11th February 2006, 02:45 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Group Buys...

There have been a number of group buys lately on Pass Aleph designs. However, the profit motive on board manufacturing through this DIY site is a VERY questionable conclusion.

I think that if you did the math --- dollar and cents --- you would find that some of the larger projects might be paying an organizer two bucks an hour. You have to add it all up. Proto costs + board mfg. + component proto purchases + actual component purchases + WAF action whilst you turn the dining room in to a loading dock + paypal charges + USPS mailing + customs forms + travel hither and yonder to the Post + answering most questions ranging from idiotic to doctorate thesis. Check the dictionary under "group buy" and you'll see an illustration of a thorn in a butt 'cause it's a pain in the a$$.

It's not a thankless job, but it's a labor of love. So thanks to those profiteers... I'm not so sure they're getting rich. Are some of them paying for a portion of their own audio junky habit? I hope so.

As for the knock off kit guys in the Far East... they're a bunch of jags and what we can do is NOT support them by avoiding their Pass offerings and ANYTHING else they sell. Not a kit, not an RCA connector, nuthin'.

And thanks to Nelson for his support of DIY... it's a fun hobby.
Old 11th February 2006, 02:49 PM   #34
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by chipco3434
Group Buys...

There have been a number of group buys lately on Pass Aleph designs. However, the profit motive on board manufacturing through this DIY site is a VERY questionable conclusion.

I think that if you did the math --- dollar and cents --- you would find that some of the larger projects might be paying an organizer two bucks an hour. You have to add it all up. Proto costs + board mfg. + component proto purchases + actual component purchases + WAF action whilst you turn the dining room in to a loading dock + paypal charges + USPS mailing + customs forms + travel hither and yonder to the Post + answering most questions ranging from idiotic to doctorate thesis. Check the dictionary under "group buy" and you'll see an illustration of a thorn in a butt 'cause it's a pain in the a$$.

It's not a thankless job, but it's a labor of love. So thanks to those profiteers... I'm not so sure they're getting rich. Are some of them paying for a portion of their own audio junky habit? I hope so.

As for the knock off kit guys in the Far East... they're a bunch of jags and what we can do is NOT support them by avoiding their Pass offerings and ANYTHING else they sell. Not a kit, not an RCA connector, nuthin'.

And thanks to Nelson for his support of DIY... it's a fun hobby.

2$ hour.. I wish. i didnt make any money Infact i lost some BUT i call that now past and i learned alot

I will be doing another one tho.. It will be the smd mini A's And also the through hole Mini A's also aleph 30's..
Old 11th February 2006, 03:20 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
of a thorn in a **** 'cause it's a pain in the a$$.
nice algorithm

Jason... you were going to send some dwgs?
Old 11th February 2006, 03:22 PM   #36
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by chipco3434

nice algorithm

Jason... you were going to send some dwgs?

Yes yes.. it will be really simular to this..

http://www.chipamp.com/aleph

The boards are going to be smd i don't know what color but ill be picking that when im at Briangt's house in a few weeks.
Old 11th February 2006, 04:00 PM   #37
Account Disabled

I appreciate the volunteers of GB very much in general . . .
I do not know whether the guys lose or earn . . .
I do not care of the kit guys outside diyAudio and where they are . . .

Maybe, I am misunderstanding the definition of Pass Labs forum . . .

I have expected a higher quality of technical interests . . . But, I have seen too often the disappointing quality of Pass-project-copy-on-PCB activities . . . Gee . . .

Regards
jh
Old 12th February 2006, 04:45 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Aleph 30 schematic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Pass
For a very limited time:

www.passlabs.com/np

And.... Poof it is gone.

Thanks Nelson!

-David