Nuub A30 16V offset H-E-L-P!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fired up my Mini/30 four channel... seperate power supplies for the Mini & the 30. Big problemo...

One of the A30 channels is 16 volts offset. I haven't cooked anything yet but I reckon this isn't good. All the other channels are ~0.025VDC.

Where do I start?

Thanks

EDIT: This is the BrianGT board...

1. Make sure there are no solder bridges.
2. Check the input MOSFETs. Most of the time one of them is blown up. They shouild have all the same voltage drops as the good channels.
3. Check the output mosfets for shorts. If you can disconnect them. Take them out.

I replaced the input FETs with exactly the same results...

no evident solder bridges or cold joints

Should I disconnect everything connected to the output boards?

For testing, where do I put the probes and what voltage am I looking for, where?

Sorry to be so stupid, this stuff usually works!

I had enough output FET's to redo some boards and did some disassembly and reassembly etc. Got the new channel down to 4 mV so that's cool. It was a little wierd that I had this stuff all over the desk and I had no output to speak of and cold chips... I did NOT know they had to be grounded to work?????

Well anyway, other than putting humpty back to gether again, everything is VERY COOL... well actually pretty warm!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.