Penultimate zen psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I'm fresh on this board and this is one of my first posts so greetings to you all.

Highly impressed by the sound of my favorite music trough Zen v4 amp and after a lot of contemplation I decieded to try to build one.:)

Since I don't have education in electronics, I will require a some help form you folks. Hope you don't mind.:rolleyes:

Because I live in Europe, PSU will have to be modified.
Few questions:

1) The Gretz available to me are ones with 600V 35A, and 1100V 35A. Which ones should I use? I was thinking 600V

2)Thermistor will be CL70. It's suposed to give better preformance on 220V. Should I use two in parallel, one for each primar?

3)Since 25000uF conds are not available I will use 33000uF caps. This is better than 22000uF? (they are expensive, but that marvelous sound is worth of it)

4)The 0.1 uF capacitor remains the 0.1uF regardless of 220V?
I want to use no.107426 from farnell catalogue (paper, AC:220V). Here are the specs:

CAPACITOR, CLASS X2 0.1UF; Capacitance:0.1µF; Voltage rating, AC:250V; Voltage rating, DC:2700V; Capacitor dielectric type:paper; Tolerance, +:20%; Tolerance, -:20%; Case style:Radial; Class, suppression:X2; Temperature,

They must be higher than 220V AC, right?

5)The fuse remains 3A?

6)I will probably get toroid trafos wind up. So I want to know how important is to have two primars and two secondarys (since the secondarys are connected in series)?:hot:

Well, I hope this is not to much questions.:xeye:
Here is the picture of modified and the original PSU.
Thank you!

Copyright picture of ZenV4 PSU removed and link to the schematic inserted.
Modifications are in the text above.
http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/zen-v4.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.