New To Forum - Pre-Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the market for a new SS pre-amp to serve a Belles 400. I like the ARC LS3, however, I am considering a DIY and from what I have researched the PASSDIY models are higly regarded. The PASSDIY Gallery was very interesting. I would appreciate any comments from the many knowledgeable forum members on the following:

What are the "latest-best" PASSDIY line stage offerings? (Models, features, links).
Anyone tried a PASSDIY Line stage w/ Belles 400?

Thanks in advance.

Asking others what sounds good will inevitably result in twenty posts touting twenty different designs.
Nelson's circuits are simple enough that you can easily build two or three of them and choose which one you like best.
Bear in mind that any project that you build will be the best sounding circuit in the world if it works at all. Human beings are like that.
The main thing is to have fun. As a secondary consideration, you'll learn a few things and build confidence. Then you get to listen to music, which is always good.
So what's not to like?

Grey

GRollins said:
Bear in mind that any project that you build will be the best sounding circuit in the world if it works at all. Human beings are like that.
Grey

Wow, that correct, I'm always awed when my diy stuff is actually producing sound. It sounds amazing....but maybe that's just because its working.

I 2nd the recommendation of the x-bosoz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.