threshold sl10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi There!

I got me a threshold sl10. It sounds great. better as the modified AVM. Instead of building me a P1.7, maybe I will do that later on.

Now I have several questions. The power supply caps are looking allright to me and also the caps on the pre-pcb are looking allright.

In the PS there are Mallory 4700 uf 60VDC and in the pre there are Instrument devices C221-4713 and 4705. What's the value of them?

There are also 2 red silver mica caps 50PF, I think, one in each channel, are getting a little black inside. Are they no good anymore?

And again the caps are looking good, but that does not mean they will be allright, is it?

But again the sound is very good, I've never heard anything better in my set. Maybe upgrading will made it better.
Who can help me? Thanks allready! Greetings Teake.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
He Choky!
Thanks, you mean replacing the op with lm 317/337 and take a bigger elco buffering. I saw the drawing but can't see the numbers. Maybe you can? Grtz Teake

nope;
not replacing OP with LMs

OP is operational amplifier ,used there in each stage (4 times-two in phono section and two in line section ) for servo (bringing output to DC null) purpose.

LM317 is positive and LM337 is negative reg 3-legged chips,and I meant that you use them instead 7815 and 7915, respectively

Hi there!
I got a problem with my threshold sl10.
One channel is louder, and I tried to change that with the pots on each channel but it won't work. Somebody can tell me what's wrong.

And again the question about the caps, the bigger ones are 470uF 25V and what about the smaller ones? Thanks Teake.
I realy like this amp and want to make it work proper, because I still find it sounds terrific. Thanks allready! Teake.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
Hi there!
I got a problem with my threshold sl10.
One channel is louder, and I tried to change that with the pots on each channel but it won't work. Somebody can tell me what's wrong.

And again the question about the caps, the bigger ones are 470uF 25V and what about the smaller ones? Thanks Teake.
I realy like this amp and want to make it work proper, because I still find it sounds terrific. Thanks allready! Teake.

It's hard to say what's problem from this distance ;(

dirty pot?
bad 47uF cap near OP in bad channel?

is it same when you use different inputs ,not just one?

regarding caps -where "smaller ones " are located ?

any pic?

you know-I don't have any SL10 in front of me ;)

and I doubt that someone with one will read your questions.....

in any case-seems that you must borrow that digicam

he Choky some pics here!

Attachments

• afbeelding 035.jpg
    afbeelding 035.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,315
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.