threshold sl10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here I am again

Attachments

• afbeelding 042.jpg
    afbeelding 042.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,317
He Choky!
The silverblue caps are named Instrument Devices, big ones C221-4713, smaller ones C221-4705, but still don't know the values, nelson thinks that they are 470uf 25V for the big ones I think, but the smaller ones?
And the black quad opamp is TI RC4136N, is there a better one? It easy to get it out of the socket. Well, I hope you can find out what it all is, Thanks and grtz Teake.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
He Choky!
The silverblue caps are named Instrument Devices, big ones C221-4713, smaller ones C221-4705, but still don't know the values, nelson thinks that they are 470uf 25V for the big ones I think, but the smaller ones?
And the black quad opamp is TI RC4136N, is there a better one? It easy to get it out of the socket. Well, I hope you can find out what it all is, Thanks and grtz Teake.

what a sheeetyyyyyyyyyy preamp!
I'm always thrilled with pictures of gadgets made with capable fingers,not robots .......... :clown:

looks that (not just looking at pictures,also looking at schmtc from Nelson's ) 4713 means something like 47x10^1 (470uF) and 3. voltage range
and 4705 means 47x10^0 (47uF) in 5. voltage range
for me (European side ) unusuall way for electrolytics,but ordinary logic for other caps .....

hey-what I'm doin' here, in SS part of forum.....?

in mentioned schmtc you can see at least 10 47uF caps..........

as Papa Nelson sez-do not touch that OP- it's just servo
besides- if this servo is (was?) good enough for him........:devilr:

PS give us more pics,here or on PM,I like crummy history:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
He Choky!
Not real! But first I will get me some new parts, I think I will put in some Elna silmic's, they are really musical, or are there better ones? Than tell me! Thanks Teake.

whatever what makes state of your pocket and "feel good" attitude on same level.........

Elna,BG,Cerafine etc.......

topology is always more important than mumbo jumbo parts

hehe

but-when you have topology,what else than little play with parts...

seriously-use what you can pay,but without feel that someone robbed you

Yes, Silmic’s should do a great job.

From my point of view a good shunt reg should do a wonderful pre by far better than with the 78/7915 regs. I wouldn’t hesitate, but as always you should test and hear, give it a go and tell us about the results.:c_flag: :c_flag: :c_flag:

Voltage for the regs should be +-15V judging from what it has now (78/7915)

Teake,

BTW, one word of caution in case you didn’t know: Going back on the thread I see that it was mentioned replacing the original 78/7915 regs by LM317/337, these are NOT direct replacements since 317/337 are adjustable regs and should be accompanied with some other parts to set the voltage.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Teake-in case that you wont shunt regs instead of 78xx and 79xx,I think that you must give us some more info about AC supply voltage (good thing is that xformer is out in separate case,so you can put preregulator stages in that box) and VA ratings of that xformer;
shunt reg ,generally,demands something higher AC voltage and also VA ratings from xformer ,than series reg....

my last thinking (where I just make some wheel reinventing) looks like this- for positive rail :
Preregulator- two cascaded 317 as series regs

Reg per each stage: CCS with 317 ,then TL431 (as voltage reference) + little mosfet as as shunt reg ,if possible without any cap on end

negative rail-accordingly ,with LM337s

appas,look familiar? :clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Hey Chocky, you seem also to have read the blowtorch thread…nice shunt regs there…;)
yup;

some similar ideas are for long time even in my tooboollar head,only I never have time to mess too much with SS ;
I always have more fun with glass and iron :clown:
but,I must say that few last iterations from blowtorch thread are too complicated ,at least for my liking;
sort of over-engineering,you know...
hey-but who am I to argue with JC :clown:
he made my first mosfet amp,you know.....;)

hey-I still have and use everyday and night (in fact my preciouss princess use it) little cousin of JC's - Hafler DH101 preamp...Chokyfied,off course.....

haha-woah- Heavy Chokyfied Hafler DH101 along with Bose Roommates ,in children's room ;)
this is what I call HiFidellity!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.