another D1 Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Burr Brown (now TI) are unlikely to come up with better audio DAC chips than PCM1704. I evaluated the PCM1794 which has way better specifications but the sound quality was not as good as I had hoped. In the short run, I am using multiple PCM1704's in parallel (with some other tricks thrown in for good measure).

Petter

The PCM63K was good .... it depend on wht speaker u use . This DAC neeed more sensitive loudspeakers with a cleaner faster bass character .... not with my B&W N805 ... ! My current system
Sony XA777ES
S&B Passive Pre
Pass Aleph 2
B&W N805
Say no more !! the sound was very good !! But the S&B Passive Pre cant drive the Aleph 2 well !! So i like to make some mod on my Pass D1 to became a standalone Pre amp to drive my Aleph 2 !!
or, Mr NP , did u still got any refurbished / used / repair / return / untidy .... Pass P1.7 in stock ? ;) thank

Mr NP , did u still got any refurbished / used / repair / return / untidy .... Pass P1.7 in stock ? ;) thank [/B]

Hello TJ

You are asking the wrong question tp the wrong guy in the wrong forum !!! :)

Start the search engine, find out what you need, find the pieces on the web or where you can get them, and then build it your self - 112% satisfaction almost garanteed !!!

just kiddin, ready made gear can sound good also, but nothing compares to the bliss of listening to your own gear - and in the case of this forum, with this "guys" name on it - you can build something that also sounds good to others than your self, and mabye costed a four numbered amount of $ a few years ago.....

Cheers !
Buhl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.