Wow, another DIYZone Pass Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks more important than sound?

The sides of the cabinet are beautiful, but the front and rear baffle look thin for a state of the art speaker. I have a hard time believing that crossover is an exact copy of the original, electrolytic caps and all. Its very bad for the genuine mfr when people hear the mediocre sound and think its from the real product.

Ironic

It's ironic! The DX in Taiwan keeps robbing others' IP(including Nelson Pass, Sonus Faber, Transcend Audio.....)

But now the Munrano audio has advertisement on AudioXpress, while Nelson Pass is the regular contributor of this magazine!!!

Registrant:
WU, LI MIN
No76 Lane67 Lyuye Street
Keelung City, Taiwan 206
TW

Domain Name: MURANO-AUDIO.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
WU, LI MIN limin_wu@so-net.net.tw
No76 Lane67 Lyuye Street
Keelung City, Taiwan 206
TW
886-2-2798-3913

Record expires on 24-Oct-2009.
Record created on 24-Oct-2006.
Database last updated on 8-Nov-2006 05:46:18 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.TW680.COM
NS2.TW680.COM

http://www.diyzone.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=101464&forum=3

http://www.audioxpress.com/resource/advlinks/index.htm

http://www.diyzone.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=101348&forum=3

the actually question must be:
what about the sound quality?
I have never heard, that clones provides the same sound quality;

at least by the loudspeakers I haven't heard the same sound quality by the clones (Usher I think) in opposite to the original types in case of Scan Speak. Perhaps the crossover design is responsible therefore, or the design of magnet material or diaphragm material.
But granting that the quality of cabinet design is excellent, at least at first look (apparently clones look identical than scanspeak).

I think you are missing the point. This is about stealing intelectual property. We all DIY for fun and to save some cash. In my speaker projects I make about 1$ an hour for my time. The time that it takes a manufacturer to perfect and polish a product needs to be recouped. Of course we can build them cheaper and likely just as good. They can be cheaper because we aren't paying salaries of designers. The fact that DIYZone is stealing these designs and making a profit off the work of some of the industries best designers is the real problem.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You will see an F6, but as I have mentioned before, I am
bifurcating the offerings from FW. I will probably make only 10
of the F6 and then publish the schematic. Non "F" series are
slated for continuous production, and there will not be a DIY
version until production is terminated.

:cool:

This thread was started 5 years a go!

Getting ripped off is nothing new new to Mr. Pass.

Like most truly successful people he's adapted, pushed on.

Unfortunately old threads never seem to die... i'm sure we'll all have to read this one
again in another 5 years...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.