BOSOZ Balanced volume control revisited

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was searching the past postings about volume controls and pots locations. In posting #72 the attached drawing was given. I am interested in connecting a pot in the "C" position. However, I am confused exactly how to connect it? Is the connection being shown,is it in parallel or in series?

Attachments

• bls_volume.gif
    bls_volume.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 864
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Your question is the most difficult one I have ever read here.
Anyhow, Fig.3 on the original article, Balanced Zen Line Stage, in www.passdiy.com answers clearly. There is one pot on the + input side and another on the – input side for one channel. The same will apply for the other channel. So, total four pots for both channels. And, the four look like arranged in parallel.

Regards
jh

Hi,

the balanced pot is connected between the two points shown as a variable resistor (very straightforward).

If you want to use one I would think about position C. This has the advantage that noise is also recuced when you reduce the volume control. I´ve used one just like that for my X-BOSOZ.
It may be neccessary to use a stepped control with resistors because you need very low values and most pots (for stereo) are not matched enough in this area.

William

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.