The Worst Distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OT

Tweeker said:
Unless your someone who expects a portable cd player or game console optical disc player to last more than 2 months.

My Discman is now nearly 8 years old (admittedly, it only is used 5 days a week and 8 hours a day). DVD player is 8 months old and hasn't had a glitch yet.
Nelson Pass said:
Well, of course I'm biased as Sony was my biggest customer
for X600 amplifiers,
And a mate used to swear by his monoblocs - Nelson, Sony didn't rebadge your X600's did they? I can't remember the model number, but these were 9" x 17" x 28" and weighed about 150lbs and had a soft blue light on the front...:mischiev:

Sony headphones

Thinking I was doing the right thing, I sent off for a pair of $ 220 AKG headphones. They were reviewed in a hi fi magazine. The reviewer was very impressed.

I wasn't. I even plugged them into the speaker terminals via a couple 10 ohm resistors. The volume was very very low. I figured something was wrong with them. The sound was very good, just - no volume.

Sent them back and went to my local hi fi shop to look at the best they had. Tried some electrostatic phones. They kinda sounded like a telephone receiver. There was only one they had, which I bought, SONY, which once Again blew the competition away. The power handling and dynamic range was way better. They have bass, they have everything.

I later bought a pair of Sennheisers for a backup. They don't have the dynamic range or the bass of the Sonys, but they're not so bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.