Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

The Worst Distortion
The Worst Distortion
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2005, 11:01 PM   #21
Cloth Ears is offline Cloth Ears  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Tweeker
Unless your someone who expects a portable cd player or game console optical disc player to last more than 2 months.
My Discman is now nearly 8 years old (admittedly, it only is used 5 days a week and 8 hours a day). DVD player is 8 months old and hasn't had a glitch yet.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Pass
Well, of course I'm biased as Sony was my biggest customer
for X600 amplifiers,
And a mate used to swear by his monoblocs - Nelson, Sony didn't rebadge your X600's did they? I can't remember the model number, but these were 9" x 17" x 28" and weighed about 150lbs and had a soft blue light on the front...
Old 22nd December 2005, 11:16 PM   #22
Tweeker is offline Tweeker  United States
diyAudio Member

8 years ago was before Sony really went quite as far downhill. My Discman died in two months, my friends Playstation 2 took three months.

I used to buy Sony over other brands, especially CRTs, now Im not quite so impressed with them.
Old 23rd December 2005, 12:43 AM   #23
Cloth Ears is offline Cloth Ears  Australia
diyAudio Member

No brand loyalty here , I've just had luck with the bits I've had. I won't buy their CD's tho' as they ****-up your PC.

They're another sad case of the accountants (lunatics) taking over the asylum.
Old 23rd December 2005, 04:09 AM   #24
davidsrsb is offline davidsrsb  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Years ago Sony TVs were full of exotic components that meant repair was rarely a viable option.
Old 23rd December 2005, 07:55 AM   #25
JCM is offline JCM  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sony headphones

Thinking I was doing the right thing, I sent off for a pair of $ 220 AKG headphones. They were reviewed in a hi fi magazine. The reviewer was very impressed.

I wasn't. I even plugged them into the speaker terminals via a couple 10 ohm resistors. The volume was very very low. I figured something was wrong with them. The sound was very good, just - no volume.

Sent them back and went to my local hi fi shop to look at the best they had. Tried some electrostatic phones. They kinda sounded like a telephone receiver. There was only one they had, which I bought, SONY, which once Again blew the competition away. The power handling and dynamic range was way better. They have bass, they have everything.

I later bought a pair of Sennheisers for a backup. They don't have the dynamic range or the bass of the Sonys, but they're not so bad.

The Worst DistortionHide this!Advertise here!