Mini-A PCB's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK Thomas so I´ll have to be patient for your webpage!?
But get it done before I finish my actual project or you might take the risk being the reason for my collapse.;)
I still don´t have a digital camera but will send you the pictures from the online-shop cause it might be difficult for you to hunt through german links.
These heatsinks are by the way the only things I´d recommend to buy at ELV. The rest is bogstandard and expensive.
I usually order at
Reichelt or Schuro .
About the metric system : My "Sorry I don´t know the inches" was pointed towards the "non-metrics".
I was bad in geography but I know denmark is somewhere in Europe and has the metric system (I even have been there quite a few times).
(What was the quarterpounder called in denmark ? A Royal with cheese ???)

greetings

Thats it folks! :c_flag:

The download site has been updated. There are now two versions of the PCB available for download. Many has allready downloaded the files, but I think you should look at the new ones before etching anything. List of things I have done:

• Cured minor aestetic flaws.
  • Optimized some of the wire tracks.
  • Made Q1-Q3 come closer for better thermic stability.

These are the boards I will be using my self. Just waiting for the photoresist to dry up so I can expose them to the film.:D

Hi everyone!

Hmm - guess what - after Zen v4 is finished; and after A5 is almost finished (the thing that is still missing is more or less only the chassis ...) - quite some stuff stayed .. And waits to be used ...

So :) - I said to myself: why not build up another amp - this time MiniA ...
I've got even one chassis that was primarily meant for Zen - and two small 2x13V trannies (OK, EI ones, not toroidal, but nevertheless). And ...

Well enough; let's go to the point of this:

What happened to all of you, MiniA builders??!?

It was quite lively here quite some time ago - but since then - no further reports or opinions about it ... Is it bad? Is it worth of trying it out? IS it?? ...

Lately I have a feeling that all low power amps that are build with the help of this page - are GC based ... Is that the reason??

Stabist said:
Hi everyone!

What happened to all of you, MiniA builders??!?

It was quite lively here quite some time ago - but since then - no further reports or opinions about it ... Is it bad? Is it worth of trying it out? IS it?? ...

Lately I have a feeling that all low power amps that are build with the help of this page - are GC based ... Is that the reason??

Still here :nod:

GC?

I made a pair using my own PCB's. Look at my WWW if you want pictures. I know a few others buildt them also. I e-mailed with some of them. And, at least what I know of, some used my PCB's. Well, doubble sided scared most of them off.:devily:

Lately I upgraded the PSU and they are now playing *realy* well. I was surprised how powerfull they are (not loud in dB), especialy in the bass. They have plenty of power for a smaller room (dorm room;) ) with reasonly efficient speakers. I guess the sound is something like the bigger Aleph's, only less powerfull. I had discribtions of the sound as exelent, but a bit laid back. The guy was running at 1A bias. I run at 1.6A (at the moment) and got no such problems.

Just go ahead and build one. I think the EI's are just fine if the VA rating is ok.

Yes, the Mini-A still lives.:)

Hello,

Here is also one version.
It can accept balanced inputs, and it runs at around 2 A bias.
It would require 15 V / 150 VA transformer per channel, but you
can also use any one that is similar.:)

Best regards,
Kristijan Kljucaric
http://web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip

Attachments

• mini-a.gif
    mini-a.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,074
I'm glad to see that Kristijan is going to offer a PCB for
the Mini-A! I'm in the process of building a SOZ, but after
that i think a Mini-A would be a lot of fun. For some reason
i'm on the other end of the scale when it comes to Watts.
Seems like everyone wants to build an Aleph 2. I think i
read somewhere where even Mr. Pass said the 1st Watt is
the best :) I guess the biggest problem is having a sensitive
enough speaker that can live with only a few watts. But seeing
as i got in to DIY audio from the tube side i had to find a
speaker that would play with my flea power SET. I built
the Straight 8 from Bottlehead - which i think is one lovely
speaker. (is it considered DIY if you're just building kits?)

oh well, i'm rambling.. would love to see some pics of Mini-A
if they're out there! Thomas' look pretty cool (damn his
double sided PCB's!!) :)

moe29
------------------------
i wish i was bullet-proof
-------------------------

Hello,

The 2 x 13 V / 80 VA transformer with the 1,4 A bias would work ok.
With this transformer and 1,4 A bias the total dissipation would
be around 45 Watt per channel.
If you would like to run the circuit at the 1,4 A bias, than you
should change only those two 0,33 R resistors with the 0,47 R ones.

Here below is the power supply circuit diagram.

Best regards,
Kristijan Kljucaric
http://web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip

Attachments

• mini-pwr.gif
    mini-pwr.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 807
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.