Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Llafriel

How much heat do you dissipate in your heatsinks and how hot does they run and at what room temp.

I would sure like to know a bit about your experience on the heatsinks, which amp and wattage....

PS: Perhaps you could post some pictures or something.
Feel free to email me ;)

I have an offer from Magura
If its the same as I bought from him, mine didn't need milling. But lots of work to finish the chassis. Does they look like these?
If you go for the Conrads, simply buy the biggest you can get, and if you consider a high power version A-X, get enough for monoblocks;)

Steen:)

Attachments

• ax_mono.jpg
    ax_mono.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 792
Steenoe

Jup, that's the ones
He's trying to get 12 of them for me.

Are your Amp's on the pics Aleph-X's or other.
How much are you able to drive with those baby's and how much do they dissipate ?

Do you have some close up pictures and some pictures from inside the amp's ?

PS: Did you get my email about some other pcb's ?

Are your Amp's on the pics Aleph-X's or other.
Yes, I am building 100 watts A-X's.

How much are you able to drive with those baby's and how much do they dissipate ?
I dont know the excact dissipation figure for those sinks. My guess is that a monoblock like those on the pic, can dissipate a bit more than the 300 watts per channel my A-X's are gonna dissipate. Those sinks are pretty good, with fins on both sides of the body, which is thick.

Do you have some close up pictures and some pictures from inside the amp's ?
The amps are not quite finished yet. Here is a pic of the chassis, in the making. Those sinks are just cool:)

Did you get my email about some other pcb's ?
No, but I dont get any of those "Reply to post" mails from DIYaudio at the moment either. Maybe its the mailsystem here?
I will mail you instead:)

there must be cold in the nord of europe !
Its not too cold yet, Jurgen:) I hope to get them running before winter sets in for real. They might be able to heat up the livingroom:D

Attachments

• ax_bund_bag.jpg
    ax_bund_bag.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 722
I will post one more pic for you, since these heatsinks are not excactly the easiest ones to construct a chassis from. Here is how I have bolted it together, seen from inside. I had bushings machined for the bolt holes in the sinks, but I dont think, thats really necessary. If you need more pics or other info, let me know:)

Attachments

• ax_inside_2.jpg
    ax_inside_2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 607
Okay, the last one. (I guess I used up my disc quota for today then:D ) 4 hetsinks with fets, for one channel. As you can see I use 12 fets per channel, P2P wired. You can see the small bushings I mentioned, sitting in the bolt holes.

Attachments

• mosfets.jpg
    mosfets.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 615
I'm using the www.conradheatsinks.com model MF350-151.5

I bought four of them and the total shipping cost was only $15USD!!!

Consider the larger heatsinks with a thicker base. Corrected for room operating temperature the thermal rating was .295 c/w.

I took the spec value of .21c/w and multiplied it by 1.4 to get .295c/w.

Their flanged models have a slightly thinner base and slightly greater thermal rating.

Consider the larger models at 350mm rather than 300mm.

Good luck.

-David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.