Lovoltech power Jfet groupbuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the group buy may not be people's favorite topic these days I am trying to figure out if there are people like me out there that want what they need in order to explore Nelson latest craze: Lovoltech power jfets. :D ;)

I created the appropriate WIKI page for that already, please don't fill this thread with "me too's" but instead go there and add your name and quantity in the wiki page.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Lovoltec+Power+jfets

I am not volunteering to do the actual group buy but I want to get the ball rolling.
I am in no need for money, fame or attention. I much rather if someone else with more time and better attitude take care of the PR and shipping.

At this point I would like to open the forum for discussion on how to achive our goal (getting the jfets) in a quick and safe manner that would make everybody happy.

take care,

Grataku,

Thanks for starting this thread.

If i were to make the purchase, I wouldn't mind handling the distribution in the US.

I would not want to be responsible for shipments to Canada and Europe.

Maybe one separate shipment to a member in Canada, and one to a member
in Europe, who could then distribute in their country.

Or maybe this is to complicated?

Just throwing out some ideas.

also what would be a realistic number of devices for a project?

And i'm still stumped on how to attach this device to a heat sink!

Yes, that's a good point. GPs internal to the US are much less painful these days and even so you still run into issues. I recently sold a few of my heatsinks and I had trouble receiving the payment from a member, the letter arrived three weeks later after it had beed inspected.
Having said that splitting up the order into continents maybe more pain than it's worth.

Please add the courty of destination of the fets in the wiki, I'll split that up later. If there are enough people it would make sense to do two, or more, orders.

Moe,
here's an idea on how to fasten the jfet to the heasink.

The leads are long enough to bend them away from the heatsink and into the PCB.

What is the minumum order? 10xx? We are 1/3 of the way through it seems. :D

best,

Attachments

• jfet_mounting.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 466
they come in tubes of 75.

so 14 tubes of 75 equals 1050. That would seem to be the minimum order.

Maybe the minimum group order should be 25 pieces, and then in multiples of 25.

(just an idea, as it seems people are ordering in multiples of 25 anyway.)

That way each tube could be cut in thirds... easy to package
and ship that way.

Moe,
I am of the opinion of keeping the wiki opened until the minimum quota is reached. We can make all the info available so that someone else can do another group later.
Small order will be quick and painless to do and it looks like we're half the way there already with the requests.
What do you think about that?

Has anybody asked lovoltech about the ETA on these parts?

cheers,

I would not want to be responsible for shipments to Canada and Europe.

Moe,

Its not that big of a deal. It involves one more piece of paper to fill out at the P.O. and thats the customs slip... its ultra simple. I've just about completed the KSA-50 PCB group buy(2nd one) and I can honestly say that it was not any hassle at all except for fitting in being home with being away fomr home in order to make shipments.... but I also carried some of the boards with me on the road and could literally ship from where ever I was. I also made many freinds along the way. The only location I encountered any problems shipping to oddly was Italy. They require things to be packed in padded envelopes, they will not accept the standard USPS Priority Mail envelopes... so you just have to remember to charge your Italian folks 3.00 more for the envelope.... I didn't but some of the excess $$ took care of that. So all in all if you're willing to ship to US members also sending to overseas and Canada is just one more piece of paper and absolutely no big deal!!

I added 50 pieces to the WIKI.. these are pretty interesting devices. Also, I can get spring clips manufactired on the cheap by a local Spring Works company. That would make mounting these a snap and it would allow for thermal expansion as well. eahc clip owuld only require one 6/32 mounting hole above the device.

Mark

Mark,

Those clips sound really cool :)

I was shipping a package to a friend in italy that contained some
shoes she'd got off eBay and asked me to forward. I listed the
contents of the package and included "shoes". Evidently you
can't ship shoes to Italy... Post Office wouldn't take the package...
so i had to go to a different office and not include the shoes on
the customs slip.... so stupid.

Will there be any problems is you list contents as "electronic parts"?

thanks again for the info.

m.

With the boards I just listed "printed circuit boards", and on the ceramic insulators it was "ceramic insuulators" so either transistors or semicondictors should be fine... I also don't monkey around with customs on the pricing part... I put what they paid less 3% paypal and the shipping. If someone at the receiving end doesn't like being honest about what they paid you then its best not to deal with them... its not all that much money or sometimes no extra money hat they are paying at their end. You can't just list every shipment slip as "gift"... be honest about it and there won't be any troubles at all. All in all a foreign shipment takes about 5 extra mninuites.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.