My Take on Threshold NS10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi TM Black.
I have used my very, very crummy version of the Threshold NS-10 circuit continuously since I built it ages ago - eek in 2006!
I put in some different jfets as mentioned very early in this thread. All up my very, very crummy version of the pre-amp cost me $AUD90 to build including the case and transformer. I did it no favours at all: I had just finished my LM3886 chipamps and discovered I didn't have a pre-amp, so went to my local Dick Smith Electronics and bought el cheapo, boggo standardo components, burnt a PCB, made my first ever chip-regulated power supply and plugged it in and it worked ... once I got the orientation of the transistor right. (What a dummy).

I will change one day to a very, very crummy version one of Nelson's balanced pre-amp circuits, but I have no time and little need at present. Meaning, I still enjoy this little pre-amp for my listening.

Regards from George.
And again, many thanks to Nelson Pass for allowing us to use (and abuse) his old circuits.

Hello.I am building the NS10 preamp based on this schematic.

For MPS6571 i am gona use MPSA18 as suggested but what should i use in place of 2N4250?
I have bC550C-560C,2N5401-5551,2SC2240-2SA970.

If i want to have lower gain can i use 680ohm feedback resistor instead of 301ohm?

What about the 1K resistor between 2N4250 collector and MPS6571 base shown on some other schematics?Should i use this resistor or not?

Attachments

• ns10.jpg
    ns10.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 155
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.