My Take on X-BOSOZ - Page 56 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2006, 07:30 PM   #551
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianDonegan
Not at all. I was just mailing out the board-only orders, and wanted to be sure to get resistors in for those who wanted them. I will keep resistor kits in stock, so you can order them any time.

OK, so how do we go about paying for the Dales so nothing gets delayed and we get our complete kits soon? Are you gong to post a price. I hate to think I will have to pay shipping for a second order because I didn't pay for the Dales in time.

Blessings, Terry

EDIT: Hopefully you can come up with something by tomorrow. I am going on a cruise starting Friday and will be gone for a week.
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, ESP P101, Symasym, KSA 50 X 2 Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, DX Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee X2, VSSA PMI, VSSA jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Slewmonster with; CFA-XH IPS, Wolverine IPS, Spooky IPS
Old 18th January 2006, 07:39 PM   #552
diyAudio Member

Hi Terry-

I posted something about it here.

Just go to the order page on the site and you will find the resistor upgrade kit listed for $8. If you already ordered boards or a kit, there is no need to pay shipping again.

I hope to start shipping kits next week, but it will depend on a few things coming together. One of the things that may cause a holdup for some kits is a backorder on the output caps. I originally ordered 100 of the Jantzen caps from PE, and recieved 75. The backordered caps are scheduled to arrive at PE on 2/1. I have since ordered another 100, and hopefully they will get enough to cover that as well. At this point I don't think there are enough kits sold for this to be a problem for anyone, but it could cause a slight delay of a few days.
Old 19th January 2006, 02:24 AM   #553
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
Brian,

It looks like there is still one discrepancy on the BOM's. The Power Supply parts list shows 2 24 V Zeners and 2 75 V Zeners. The Excel spreadsheet shows 2 18 V Zeners and 2 12 V Zeners. My understanding was that the circuit uses 75 V Zeners and 18-24 Volt Zeners.

Could you double check and confirm the intended values?
Old 19th January 2006, 11:48 AM   #554
diyAudio Member

Thanks. Fixed.

It should be 75V and 24V.
Old 19th January 2006, 03:43 PM   #555
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I am going on a cruise starting Friday and will be gone for a week.
Sorry, OT, but what kind of cruise?
Old 19th January 2006, 04:39 PM   #556
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianDonegan
Hi Terry-

I posted something about it here.

Just go to the order page on the site and you will find the resistor upgrade kit listed for $8. If you already ordered boards or a kit, there is no need to pay shipping again.

I hope to start shipping kits next week, but it will depend on a few things coming together. One of the things that may cause a holdup for some kits is a backorder on the output caps. I originally ordered 100 of the Jantzen caps from PE, and recieved 75. The backordered caps are scheduled to arrive at PE on 2/1. I have since ordered another 100, and hopefully they will get enough to cover that as well. At this point I don't think there are enough kits sold for this to be a problem for anyone, but it could cause a slight delay of a few days.

Hi Brian,

OK, I paid for the upgrade. Hopefully you can get those included with my kit and it won't put me in the back of the line.
It would be very cool if the kit was waiting for me when I return.

Blessings, Terry

Quote:
Originally posted by chipco3434

Sorry, OT, but what kind of cruise?

Hi Chipco,

My wife and I are going on a cruise to the Caribbean. We fly to Florida on Friday, hop the ship on Saturday and return on Thursday. We've never done anything like this before so we are very excited with anticpation. It was very difficult reving myself up to come to work today.

Blessings, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, ESP P101, Symasym, KSA 50 X 2 Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, DX Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee X2, VSSA PMI, VSSA jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Slewmonster with; CFA-XH IPS, Wolverine IPS, Spooky IPS
Old 19th January 2006, 06:40 PM   #557
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by still4given
We fly to Florida on Friday, hop the ship on Saturday and return on Thursday.
I see there is still a rocker left in you, Terry.
Be gentle on swinging that boat !
Old 20th January 2006, 02:32 AM   #558
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
Default Boards Arrived

The boards and resistors arrived in the mail today. Look really great. Had not noticed until now just how short the traces are on the preamp. Excellent layout. Looks like a busy weekend.

Craig
Old 20th January 2006, 03:46 AM   #559
diyAudio Member

Sorry to repeat a question..either it got glossed over or...maybe... nobody knows the answer

"Also, will a 6.2v zener work as D1 (instead of a 6.8v) as just mentioned by Russ/Brian? This I have no clue....

is that value critical?

Also..not to be a pain , whadya guys think about 67v AC for the + side psu feed..too high? or can I get away with it?

~94vdc after rect ? ?

Thanks in advance...
Marc:
Old 20th January 2006, 12:52 PM   #560
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Hi Marc, I am affraid I am not confident enough to answer either question yet. But I think the voltage you described is pretty high, but with big enough heatsink on that rail you might be OK. I will let those more knowlegable about the circuit than I answer for certain.

Hide this!Advertise here!