My Aleph-X compact PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
one

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 595
Jleaman,

the output boards can host each up to two devices in parallel.
In an Aleph-X, you need two boards as output and two as courrent sources. If you go for 20W only, you can install just one MOSFET on each board, but you still need 4 output boards.
Think of it as if you were bridging two normal Alephs, each of them having two output boards.

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
Jleaman,

the output boards can host each up to two devices in parallel.
In an Aleph-X, you need two boards as output and two as courrent sources. If you go for 20W only, you can install just one MOSFET on each board, but you still need 4 output boards.
Think of it as if you were bridging two normal Alephs, each of them having two output boards.

Cheers,

Bruno

Ill need 16 boards then EKK .. ( hope they are cheap )

Carondimonio said:
Hi all,

TS Lo: I can have the IRFP240 at that price, but they are not matched. I don' t know if I will have the time to match them, let me think about it.
Bruno

Hi Bruno,
I'll update the WIKI when the costs of boards known.
Thanks

ron.eddy said:
I was told by rwagter that the power resistors are hard to find in Europe.
Let me know what you all think.

Hi ron.eddy,
Thanks for your info, its even harder to find suitable size/power in NZ.

Cheers

TS

Luke said:
this is a high current amp, so I would use CRC or CLC with lots of C. I think Pass labs use thermistors for the R in CRCRC I think?

Yea, this is what I mean, I don't understand what all this means. I am sure the C = Capacitor L = Inductor R = Resistor (Resistance) but where could I go to learn about CRC or CLC or CRCRC power supplies?

Thanks a lot!

- Ron

ron.eddy said:

Yea, this is what I mean, I don't understand what all this means. I am sure the C = Capacitor L = Inductor R = Resistor (Resistance) but where could I go to learn about CRC or CLC or CRCRC power supplies?

Quoting myself? Anyway - I understand now that the CRC or CLC or whatnot is a filter to eliminate voltage variation in the power supply rails, but I can't for the life of me find any sites about the details of it all. Anyone who knows a good place to learn this stuff please post the site. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get started building the power supply for this AlephX, but for now I feel a little dumb!

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

as I am on another business trip (tough time lately) and had some problems accessing my e-mail, I just wanted to drop a quick update note.

Tonight or tomorrow morning I will have the final prices for the PCBs, and I will open a separate group buy thread. I am also trying to put together a rectifier kit with all components, and I think it will come out to a very good price.

Thank you all for your patience!!!

Cheers,

Bruno

IRFP240 group buy

All,

I have received an offer to get IRFP240's from one wafer. If there is enough interest (500 pieces or more) I can buy them at 1,14. I also can get them matched at an additional cost of 20 cents each.

If everyone interested in IRFP240's would participate and 500 or more are matched in groups of 10mv, an efficiency of 90% can be estimated for groupsize of 8 or lower. Each FET will have a four digit number representing the Ugs in mV.

That means, for arround 1,45 euro, we all can get our fet's matched in groups of 8 within 10mv (or lower number) and do not have to order a single FEt extra for matching!

Who would be interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.