SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This preamp has a big "cult" in Farnce.
I read many good listening reports, you know: it is better than X or Y pream or even than BOZ and BOSOZ.....as always:D
Here are some specs:
Line stage
Gain 18 dB
Noise < -120 dB
Distortion < 0.003%
DC-500 kHz frequency response
+30 dBu output overhead
Can drive 600 ohms load (without the 390 ohm resistor in the output)

Would be good to listen.

Tyimo

Hi Lineup!

Make a screenshot capture

Yes, basicaly my problem was that I couldn't open the eagle file from that web page. There is already a screenshot image on the site, what I attached now.

Tyimo

Attachments

• implantation_preamp.png
    implantation_preamp.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 972
tinitus said:
Because of the low output of Sewa I guess it would be possible to make a simple "add on" predriver with an IC or a single Jfet ?

IC would work, but demolish what we're trying to accomplish IMHO. Adding a voltage doubler and a JFET/MOSFET frontend could be done, but I feel it's better to have a separate preamp (more flexible). Maybe I'll make one to suit people with ordinary/passive preamps ;)

Hi Lineup!
Nice little pre amplifier. Or maybe we can call it a ' Hifi Discrete OP-amp
Yes! Earlyer I thougt on the one of the opamps design from Mr. Pass's DIY Op Amps article. I think those are much better for the SEWA, but not easy to find the Jfets for it. (ZVN3310A and ZVP3310A) My favorite are on fig 8 and 10. It use only 3 active device.

Tyimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.