SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
95dB = :up: You can run a stock SEWA ;)

24V would be ideal (18VAC trafo, loads down to 22,5V) for 4 ohm. With 2A bias it can do 8W. I would probably adjust the bias up a notch (as much as the heatsinks can take) 2,5-3A would be nice ;) 3A will give you about 13W.

22,5V, 3A=67,5W => 0,4C'W heatsink.
With the IRFP250 you could get away with a 0,5'C/W (actual) heatsink, but it will be hot; 60'C :devilr: But the mosfet will stay happy @ 67,5/2 x (0,65+0,35 (al-oxide washer+grease)) +60=34+60=94'C junction temp. ;)

to Parafeed or Not to Parafeed that is..........

Ryssen said:

:dead:
Just out of curiosity,do you have a schema how to do?Never done such a thing before.:eek:

This post is an example of parafeed, http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=986565#post986565

Parafeed is feeding a transformer through a capacitor and loading the plate with an inductor, not allowing the DC current through the transformer

Here is a little light reading on the subject from Steve Bench
http://members.aol.com/sbench/outstru.html

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
My long term plan is to build a bi- or tri-amped system

So here is the deal

To be able to use SEWA I could build BOZ as pre, and have multiple outputs - one with fixed full gain fore SEWA, and others with adjustable gain

Main attennuator on input could be a seperate TVC or simply a build in att

PROBLEM ? I recall to have read that PASS pre need main attennuator on output, with regards to stability ?

Comment on this, please

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi DIGORA!

And? What should we do with this schematic?:)
Did you buid or listen it?
You should translate the text:

Un seul transistor traite le signal: le BUZ900DP, la contre réaction disparaît. Très proche d'un pur générateur de courant, l'impédance du HP qui servait de convertisseur U/I "s'efface" pour une force appliquée à la menbrane directement image du courant généré. Ce principe est adapté aux transducteurs "large bande" à faible Qts et voies médium aigu en filtrage actif. Le gain est de 24 dB (x16). Ce schéma a une entrée référencée au "-" et non au "0". Du coup, le condonsateur de liaison se charge à la mise sous tension et la sortie haut-parleur doit être temporisée.

Greets:

Tyimo

Hi Mads!

Could you tell me the voltage values in your BOZ? I mean the measured values on the Gate and Drain? (and on the Source too.)
A friend of me has some problem and it would be help for him.
Maybe He will write here him self too.

And one question from me: could you draw or show me a cascoded source follower circuit? Just to see how is it looks like. I have never seen any....
Maybe it would be a good starting point to build something with my power Jfets. :D

Greets:

Tyimo

36v 4A

My first post.
Hi
give me your opinion.

:D

Attachments

• sw1.jpg
    sw1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,066
Tyimo said:

Could you tell me the voltage values in your BOZ? I mean the measured values on the Gate and Drain? (and on the Source too.)

The voltage values is in the schematic (attached) About 7,5V on the gate and 3,5V on the source actually. Adjusted to 25V on the Drain for a clean +/-20V output swing.

Attachments

• bozr0.sch.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 285
Tyimo said:
Hi Mads!

And one question from me: could you draw or show me a cascoded source follower circuit? Just to see how is it looks like. I have never seen any....
Maybe it would be a good starting point to build something with my power Jfets. :D

Greets:

Tyimo

From Nelson's cascode article, Fig.7b ;)

Attachments

• cascode-follower.jpg
    cascode-follower.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 929
driver stage

Hi

I'm thinking of adding a driver stage for SEWA.

The plan is to combine BOZ preamp and the SEWA
by removing some parts near the connection.

That is, removing output capacitor of BOZ (which is mod to have 15.5V output DC voltage),
and removing input bias network for SEWA (R1,R2,R3,R9,R10,C2...).
Directly couple the input signal to Q1's G Pin

Any comment for this?

Re: driver stage

ACK2005 said:
Hi

I'm thinking of adding a driver stage for SEWA.

The plan is to combine BOZ preamp and the SEWA
by removing some parts near the connection.

That is, removing output capacitor of BOZ (which is mod to have 15.5V output DC voltage),
and removing input bias network for SEWA (R1,R2,R3,R9,R10,C2...).
Directly couple the input signal to Q1's G Pin

Any comment for this?

This will work quite nice for a stock SEWA ;) I have thought about it, but since I am continously swiching gear, I haven't bothered :angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.