SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
djk said:
Were is the fan going?

Unless you saw that thing up into several pieces and stand them on end, you're going to need a fan (unless it's a really low power amp).

Do you mean my amp?About the heat that's covered.The amp is working at a voltage of 14,5 DC.We'll see how hot the sinks can get.

Attachments

• choke loaded sewa.jpg
    choke loaded sewa.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,438
I have a question for you.The output cap (10000µF) can it be changed by 6800µF or 8200µF?

Yes. 4700 is the minimum.
2x4.7000 would be a very clever solution. May be the sound would be a bit"faster".

I prefer the big sink,it looks nicer more body.That's my opinion.

Yes, but you will not need the electric fan. (sorry, in my last post I wrote "fun" :) )

Tyimo

Mads!

Would it be possible to modificate your original SEWA (the resistore loaded) to operate with dual rail supply? Also to operate without output cap?
Personaly I like output caps, but there are some people who not and I would like to show them the "differences".

Greets:

Tyimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.