SEWA - Seven Watt Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Tyimo, I'm back from my vacation now. I've had pcb's made for BOSEWA/Aleph L 1.2 , but I haven't had time to actually build/test it.
As I am in the process of moving to another apartment/giving it a serious makeover I have very little time left for anything else. Looks like it's going to be like this for at least a couple of months :(

Hi Mads!

As I am in the process of moving to another apartment/giving it a serious makeover I have very little time left for anything else. Looks like it's going to be like this for at least a couple of months

I know this situation from end of the last year and I wish you the bests!:D

Only one theoretical question: how could I calculate the output power for the choke loaded SEWA (or better to say OTA)??

I would like to use:
120mH 0.5R EI core Choke
+24V supply
8R load

I only know: 24V/8R=3A bias

and on 20Hz the choke has 15ohm resistance.

Greets:

Tyimo

Re: Re: Sewa and z=15 Ohm?

Mad_K said:

In that case you should use 24VAC transformer for 30VDC+ rails. You can also lower the bias to 1,5A ;)

I have transformers with 30VAC secondaries, from zen v.1. This would give me 34V after Pi filter. Is that too much?

What I shuld change to get 1.5A bias? Can you suggest exact values? I hope I don't ask too much :)

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Sewa and z=15 Ohm?

ticovski said:

I have transformers with 30VAC secondaries, from zen v.1. This would give me 34V after Pi filter. Is that too much?

What I shuld change to get 1.5A bias? Can you suggest exact values? I hope I don't ask too much :)

Thanks!

34V is nice. Bias is defined by the 0,6VBE from CCS transistor divided by the CCS Source resistor(s) ;)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I have thought of using SEWA to drive a RIBBON in a triamped 3-way system
The loss of gain in Sewa is maybe compensated by higher efficiency of the ribbon

Any comments on that ?

Hard to explain - but how much higher efficiency is needed from a midrange driven with SEWA - to align with a woofer driven with amp with normal gain ?

Ryssen said:
Is it possible to use a trimpot to set the current trough the amp,I mean if I use rather small heatsinks.Where could I use the pot?:rolleyes:

Bias is set by the value of R12-16. If you can find a 1 ohm 3W multiturn pot, you can insert it there and have adjustable bias ;) Another option would be to use a switch to short out some resistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.