BoSOZ preamp PCB - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2005, 03:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question BoSOZ preamp PCB

I am planning to make a BOSOZ preamp. Does any one know where I can purchase the PCB boards for this project?
Old 22nd October 2005, 04:33 AM   #2
SteveA is offline SteveA  United States
diyAudio Member

AudioXpress.com has both the main board and the power supply boards.
SteveA
Old 22nd October 2005, 06:14 AM   #3
KT is offline KT  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Ken,

I have a brand new unused set of main and power supply boards that I purchased from the original production run shortly after the Pass BosSOZ article was first published. At that time Old Colony Sound Lab was the distributor of the Pass boards.

I meant to build it at some point, but I now have three tube preamps and a TVC in the pipeline. That's more preamps than I'll ever need, so I'm never going to get around to building the Pass preamp.

The boards are in their original packing and shipping envelope and I've only taken them out twice to look at them. They're in 100% brand new condition.

If you're interested in them, I'll sell them for $20, which will include shipping to any continental US address. AudioXpress is asking $31 plus shipping costs for the same boards.

I'd be happy if you were interested in them as I'd like to see someone use the boards to make a great preamp instead of having them sit on my shelf for another eight years or more.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Best,
KT
Old 25th October 2005, 02:53 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up PCB

Yes, I am interested in buying the boards I sent you an email. Please email me your address.
Old 25th October 2005, 04:46 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Has anyone posted a foil pattern for these for those of us who like to etch their own?

Thanks, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, ESP P101, Symasym, KSA 50 X 2 Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, DX Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee X2, VSSA PMI, VSSA jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Ovation nx, Slewmonster with; CFA-XH, Wolverine, Spooky, Symasui, Low TIM hybrid
Old 25th October 2005, 05:00 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by still4given
Has anyone posted a foil pattern for these for those of us who like to etch their own?

Thanks, Terry

I think Nelson has ALL of that stuff in his article on Passdiy..take a look. If I remember correctly all the info needed is in there.

Sometimes you have to wonder why NP bothers? All I can say is that If I win the lottery my first multiple purchases would be from PassLabs!

regards...
Old 25th October 2005, 05:06 PM   #7
cowanrg is offline cowanrg  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cowanrg
Quote:
Originally posted by still4given

Thanks, Terry
http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/bzls.zip

and the manual...

http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/balzenpre.pdf

Hide this!Advertise here!