second Pass Aleph 0 version, of fake ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,

Surfing the web, I have been very surprised to discover that there exist two different Pass Aleph 0 versions......

The first one, that seems me to be the real one :
- has his screws on the exterior of the panel
- has no switch button for RCA/XLR mode

The second one, that I think it to be a fake :
- has its screws on the interior of the panel
- has a switch button for RCA/XLR mode

I think the second one is a fake, because nothing, in the docs you can find in the Pass Lab site, specifies the existence of such a second version......

What is your opinion about that ?
Does someone know the existence of such a second version ?

I am very perplexed about that......

(photos are sent in following posts)

Attachments

• aleph0_fake_rear.jpg
    aleph0_fake_rear.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 769
Thanks a lot for your kind response Mr Pass.

At first, I really didn't expect a response for the amplifiers from their own creator..... so it has been a good surprise, and a pleasure to read it......... :)

At second (since I get the opportunity), I would just thank your very much for your amplifiers : they are the bests I have ever heard !!!
And since I got one of them.......my life is better.

;)

Thanxs !!!

;)

The "fake" is not mine, and is actually currently on ebay.

At the moment, it is not really expensive, since it is about around 2000$. :smash:

The problem is that many things look strange :
- as Nelson remarks : output connectors have been changed : the seller tells me that the original ones where not as good as Eichman's connectors, so he changes them. Very strange, I don't knowPass original connectors to be bad. :eek:
- the original paper certificate, with Nelson signature, has disappear
(how can you loose a certificate of an amplifier that costed around 15000$ here in Europe ?) :hot:
- the "filter self" have been changed, by the local Pass responsible, according to the selle

I probaly won't bid for that thing, because I think too many things are strange, and i'm scared that many internal things might not correspond to the original one.

So if you want to buy a cheap "fake" Aleph 0.......please do unit:clown:

PS: it's a 220/240V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.