Pearl Phono Mains Transformer UK Source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am struggling to find a suitable transformer in the UK, ie 30va 2 x 30v
Most seem to be 2 x 25v and then jump up above 30v
CPC did a 4 x 15v which would have done, but just as I was ready to order, it disappeared from the new catalogue.
I then located a suitable one at Electrovalue but their phone number is "temporarily" unavailable - looks ominous.
Any suggestions?
TIA,
Gelf

Someone please correct me if Im wrong, but the pearl uses a voltage regulator(the IRF9610 with heatsink), to regulate the supply voltage close to 30 volts dc - it does this from the prescribed 40 volts DC that should be used to feed the board - if you for example feed it with 50 volts, the regulator, which by the way does not heat up at 40 volts, will just "eat" the 10 extra volts, and thus still provide 30 volt for the circuit. Another path would be the use of seceral RC filters, in order to remove the extra voltage, a solution that will offer even an better supply......

Cheers !
Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.